Google Calendar Import on single event – one hour difference

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Calendar Import on single event – one hour difference

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Heather Simon
    Participant

Similar problem as this one – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/google-cal-import-shows-correct-time-wrong-zone-imports-wrong/

My time zone is set for UTC -5 (EST) and when I go to a single event and push the + Google Calendar button – it comes up as UTC -6 (CST). It is one hour behind where it needs to be. I have checked the system wide time zone settings in WordPress and they are correct. The plugin settings -> Timezone mode is set to Use the sitewide timezone everywhere. Please help.

Hunter

Hi and welcome,

Sorry to see you’re having troubles and thank you for providing the link to the issue you believe to be related. I can confirm the behavior you’re experiencing. I attempted to export an event on my test site and it looks like the timezone is off by an hour. My site timezone setting (WP Admin > Settings > General > Timezone) is set to UTC-7 and when attempting to export an event to my Google Calendar, I get (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time, however when I set my timezone to the city I reside in, the timezone is accurate when exporting it to Google Calendar.

Can you visit WordPress Admin Settings > General > Timezone and select the city closest to you sharing the same timezone, then see if you’re able to reproduce the behavior? Let me know how it goes and have a great evening. Cheers!

Heather Simon
    Participant

Timezone is set to New York. There is still a one hour difference.

Hunter

Hello again 🙂

Can you possibly update TEC and PRO to the most recent versions, then retest the behavior with the default WP theme and only our plugins active? It would also be helpful if you could create a new event for this issue and compare if the behavior occurs on existing events and the new test event you’ve created.

Once I have that information back I’ll have a better idea as to what is going on. Thanks and have a good afternoon. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Calendar Import on single event – one hour difference’ is closed to new replies.