Google Cal Import – shows correct time, wrong zone, imports wrong

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Cal Import – shows correct time, wrong zone, imports wrong

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jskk123
    Participant

I’m on UTC -8 (I’ve tested with Los Angeles & UTC-8).

When I choose Google Calendar import:
    – it shows the right time
    – shows wrong zone (Alaska Zone)
    – when imported, shows event starting 1 hour later than it should.

iCal import works perfectly.

Here’s example:
    http://gorgecurrent.com/event/cgoa-presents-san-francisco-operas-la-boheme/
    Shows import from 2pm-4pm (correct), Alaska Time (wrong), appears on calendar 3pm-5pm (wrong)

Cliff

Hi. Thanks for this detailed report.

Could you please share the iCal URL used to import from Google Calendar?

Once I receive that, I’ll test its import (looking for accuracy) in both “Google Calendar” and “iCalendar” import types.

Thank you.

jskk123
    Participant

Sorry, I wasn’t clear, I’m using the +Google Calendar and +iCal Export buttons under the event to import onto my own personal calendar, as event reminders. The +googlecalendar button has the problems. When I use +iCal import(not sure why mine says import instead of export) it’s fine.
    Screenshot: http://gorgecurrent.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/calendar.jpg

I can see it works correctly on your demo, so I guess I need troubleshooting tips.
    And where do I change word from Import to Export on iCal button? what file is that in?

Cliff

How odd… I was able to replicate this on my local testing site and have filed an internal bug report.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

For now, you might want to just hide that button via CSS.

jskk123
    Participant

Thanks. I cracked up at the fact that you found it “odd” you could replicate it ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for the pending fix.

Cliff

Ha ha. I foundย the issue to be an odd one, not odd that there was a bug and that I could reproduce it.

Have a good one. ๐Ÿ™‚

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, in which this issue is no longer present.

Find out more about this release โ†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-6-may-2018/

We are truly sorry for the long delay in getting back to you, but we didn’t want to miss the opportunity to notify you about this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if it works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Cal Import – shows correct time, wrong zone, imports wrong’ is closed to new replies.