Recurring Events Instance Interval

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events Instance Interval

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Adam Dean
    Participant

I am working with a client who is using The Events Calendar Pro and Event Tickets Plus to manage their online cooking school. Many of their classes are “Series” where a client pays one registration fee and the class has several sessions over a few weeks or months. So far, everything is working great! However, the client has asked/requested if the “Class Number” could be attached on the recurring events.

For example: their “Pro Chef” series is a series of 24 weekly classes. Each class has a different topic per the curriculum of course. More for the client and their customer’s sake, they would like it if it were possible to add something like “Class #21, Class #18” etc to the event title or description or something else without having to manually edit each instance of the recurring event.

So, essentially, any solution would need to track the initial, original event as “Event #1” and then subsequently increment that counter for each recurrence event.

Any help or pointing in the right direction (or to the right template or action/filter hook) is much appreciated.

Adam

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Adam and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

This is a very interesting idea.

I am pretty sure this would be feasible with some customization of the different views involved.

Just to set expectations, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues. We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

With that in mind, you could (this is just one of the potential solutions):

• Create a category called “Class #”
    • Read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how view customizations work.
    • Add a conditional to the title in the views to check if a recurring event is from Category “Class #”
    • Add code to append or prepend that specific Category name + increment by one for each recurring event

If coding is not really your thing, you could hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events Instance Interval’ is closed to new replies.