Recurring Events in List View

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Recurring Events in List View

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Seth

Hi Modern Tribe,

We would like to purchase Event Calendar Pro to use on our website but have a request about a required functionality.

Our organization has many regular, recurring weekly events that happen on each day of the week throughout any given month. Having these in a monthly calendar style view is great for our needs (which I know your software can do). However, when our users click to see our events listed in the list view, we don’t want the list to be full of these regular recurring programs. It would quickly crowd the list view with recurring programs and kind of bury the one-time events.

Is there a way to have all the recurring programs show on the monthly calendar view but not on the list view? I know of your featured program functionality but I don’t think that will work in this case.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance,
    Seth

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Seth,

Thanks for checking out Events Calendar Pro! It does come with a setting to only display the first instance of a recurring event in list-style views (see screenshot). If you want to hide them entirely, you would need to do a customization of the list view.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to take Events Calendar Pro for a test run, feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Seth

Thanks Jennifer!

Would a workaround then be to add the start date of a recurring program in the past month? That way the current month and all future months would not show the recurring event in the list view?

Thanks,
    Seth

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Seth,

Even if the series starts in the past, one event will still show in list view (even with that setting checked). The next upcoming date in the series will be displayed, but no more after that.

If you wanted to go the customization route instead, you could use the tribe_is_recurring_event function to check if an event is recurring before including it in list view. You would want to do a template override, which our themer’s guide has some instructions on.

I would also recommend taking a look at this article, which has some more details on how recurring events work and what options are available with them.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events in List View’ is closed to new replies.