Recurring Events – Event Series "Once" is failing to save

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events – Event Series "Once" is failing to save

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Paul Gonzalez
    Participant

Hi,

When we try to create a recurring event with an Event Series with repeating the event Once on specified dates, and then save, the script hangs for a little while then shows a 500 error.

When we come back to the event, it looks like the 1st occurrence is saved but none of the events from the recurring series is saved.

Also the UI shows the wrong date format and has an error below the date saying “One event on Invalid date at 5:30PM”.

When we look at WordPress debug log, we get this error log –
    [26-May-2017 16:01:43 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/olyclub.com/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence.php on line 131

Also, I have included a GIF showing the behavior. Please let me know if you need more information to be able to help us.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Paul,

Thanks for including the gif! That’s super helpful πŸ™‚

So I did the same thing as you did in your gif, and wasn’t able to replicate the issue. A couple things:

Because I’m unable to replicate this issue on my testing server, this seems that it may be a theme or plugin conflict. Would you please work through the steps here to test for a conflict? This will help me be able to better assist you. πŸ™‚

Also, can you let me know if your general WordPress date settings match up to your Events Calendar date settings? I find it odd that your Β date picker defaulted to “invalid format.”

Let me know, and we can work this out together. πŸ™‚

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Paul Gonzalez
    Participant

I have the WordPress date settings screenshot here. Do you need settings from any other areas?

Shelby
    Participant

Hi again Paul,

Yes, sorry I wasn’t more clear. Please go to “Events > Settings” and then scroll ALL the way down to the bottom and click the button “Update Timezone Data” if your timezone settings are correct in WordPress. I believe this may help solve the problems you’re experiencing. πŸ™‚

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Paul Gonzalez
    Participant

We did this already and it did not fix the problem.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Paul,

Ok, good to know …so next steps! πŸ™‚

Because I’m unable to replicate this issue on my testing server, this seems that it may be a theme or plugin conflict. Would you please work through the steps here to test for a conflict? This will help me be able to better assist you. πŸ™‚

Let me know what you find out & we’ll go from there!

Best,
    Shelby πŸ™‚

Paul Gonzalez
    Participant

Shelby,

We did the Conflict test. It turns out that the above issue only happens when our custom Theme is enabled. It does not occur under the WP 2016 Theme, with or without all other plugins disabled.

If this is due to the custom theme, what’s the procedure to be able to track down exactly what is causing the time out? Can you let us know if there are steps we can follow to isolate what may be affecting this?

Thanks,
    Miah

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Miah,

You’ll actually be following the same steps (turning on debugging) that I just recommended in your other thread to try and pinpoint the problem here. πŸ™‚

Let me know how that goes!

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events – Event Series "Once" is failing to save’ is closed to new replies.