Recurring Events do not have an 'All' entry

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Recurring Events do not have an 'All' entry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cityofpoco
    Participant

When I import a recurring event via ics/iCalendar, Multiple ‘single’ events get created and there is no ‘All’ entry that defines the recurrence rule. One of the effects of this is that you can’t view an event and see all the recurring dates that it is being held on.

Is there a way around this or is the aggregator broken?

cityofpoco
    Participant

I think my problem is related to: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/duplicates-of-recurring-events-from-ical/

Is there a fix for this? Is there a format I can structure my recurring events in so that I can import it and have the recurrence rules retained instead of having individual events?

Thanks.

Andras
    Keymaster

Welcome back Ed!

Thanks for reaching out with your question.

I’m sorry to say, there is no fix for this at the moment. There is no bug related to this. Importing events doesn’t support recurring event / recurrences. So if you have recurring events set up that you would like to import, they will be imported as single events.

I hope that clarifies. Let me know if you still have questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

pact
    Participant

Hi there – I have a similar issue where I’m importing a bunch of events via CSV. I have some events that are in multiple locations on different days / times. Is there a way for a CSV import to create just one event with multiple dates/times in it? Or will it always just create multiple records for the same event with different dates?

Hope that makes sense.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Sara,

Your question makes absolute sense.

Unfortunately there is no way to do what you described.

From my point of view, since the events are on different locations and different times, the best solution would be simply creating a separate event for all entries.

Even if you can somehow achieve having multiple venues for one event with The Events Calendar, it would be difficult to assign different dates to the different venues.

When importing from CSV, then definitely every line in the CSV file will be imported as a separate event.

I hope this explains. Let me know if you have any more questions regarding this topic.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events do not have an 'All' entry’ is closed to new replies.