Recurring events creating random exclusions

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events creating random exclusions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim
    Participant

I have seen this issue brought up previously, but haven’t seen a solution proffered other than “check for conflicts.” I like all my plugins, they are solid, up-to-date with WP and have many thousands of downloads before I’ll even touch them.

My EC is fully updated at all times, and Pro as well. I get these long lists of exclusions for past events. Does this occur because I break from the series every month in order to be able to feature the event in that month’s Revolution Slider? Believe me, I’d rather not have to do that — I’d love if each event would appear in the slider by itself when the previous month’s event is over, then disappear from the slider after that event has passed, etcetera. What a work-saver that would be! But since it doesn’t seem to be an option, I break from the series and check my “slider” category box.

I’m nervous about simply deleting the exclusions as I still want a historical record of all event, want them to continue to appear on the calendar even when they’ve passed.

IOW, can I shut this off? I don’t need it.

Thanks.

Barry

Hi Jim,

Thanks for posting – though I’m sorry to hear you’ve experienced difficulties.

…but haven’t seen a solution proffered other than “check for conflicts.” I like all my plugins, they are solid, up-to-date with WP and have many thousands of downloads before I’ll even touch them.

If I can comment on this first of all: conflicts aren’t restricted to low quality plugins and themes. It’s perfectly possible our code might conflict with that of another well established and thoroughly tested plugin — it’s even possible that both plugins are good citizens of the ecosystem and are not breaking any established rules.

The fact is, conflicts can happen for numerous reasons and it may simply be that there is, literally, a conflict of interest where both are working to different ends for legitimate reasons.

So, no matter which plugins or theme you happen to be using, those recommended troubleshooting steps remain worthwhile in many circumstances.

Does this occur because I break from the series every month in order to be able to feature the event in that month’s Revolution Slider?

That’s possible: so does this problem only occur when you perform that step? Could you describe in a little more detail what exactly you are experiencing or else link to one of the existing topics you mentioned that describe the same thing as you are seeing?

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events creating random exclusions’ is closed to new replies.