Recurring events and selling ticket limitations

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Recurring events and selling ticket limitations

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Daniel L Iser

What exactly are the limitations here, I see the note made on the sales page. Does it mean you can’t sell tickets to any event recurring every monday, or you can’t sell a ticket to every monday on a recurring charge basis?

We have a class on the same day every week and want users to register for each independently. We want to sell tickets through Event Tickets plugin along side recurring TEC Recurring class.

Is it possible?

Mat

Hi there,

I’m justcommenting to say I’m wondering the same thing! Our client wants to use Events Calendar Pro & Event Tickets Plus to sell attendance to ‘real-world’ training courses (as opposed to online). The courses are essentially the same but just repeat throughout the year on various dates. To avoid duplication, recurring events would be ideal, but they would ultimatley need to be able to use Event Tickets Plus to sell course attendance via WooCommerce. Not sure if this is something possible & worth pursuing though?

Thanks!

Daniel Iser

Yep pretty much same scenario. Real world 1 time classes that are available frequently.

Mat I do want to add one potential fallback solution I am co soldering of this isn’t possible.

We will take a Ninja or Gravity form set up with the Purchase fields some calculations based on chosen class.

I would put that in a Popup Maker Popup and write a little custom JavaScript so that anytime someone clicks on a links register button ( would add this ourselves likely too) we would take the class info and put it into the form then trigger the Popup.

This way you have one form and one Popup and thousands of events. Though the form is unaware of the events and vice versa the JavaScript needed to bridge them is likely only a few lines.

Daniel Iser

It’s not ideal as there is not ecommerce style history and metrics etc. but it will serve the purpose with a clean user experience.

Being able to register for more than one class though would likely be tricky (maybe not) and historical reporting would be nice. Fingers crossed we can use TEC Pro & Event Tickets Plus

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel and Mat,

Thanks for your interest in our plugins!

Unfortunately, Event Tickets Plus does not support tickets for recurring events. If you need to create tickets for a specific instance of a recurring event, then you would have to break that instance from its series and then create the tickets for it.

That said, other customers in the past have already suggested this feature. I encourage you to vote on our UserVoice, knowing that features which get the most votes are more likely to be part of future releases of our plugin: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3685663-recurring-event-support-for-tickets/.

I hope this answers your question. Please feel free to ask if you have further concerns 🙂

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Doug

Hi Jeremy,

The link doesn’t work. I would very much like this feature to be implemented as recurring workshops is our bread and butter. I think this plugin is a good fit for my website and I’d like to integrate it as soon as possible if this feature was available.

Just so I understand properly, the current way to do ticketing on an event that repeats would require me to somehow separate individual instances before I can generate tickets for it? (verifying a temporary workaround)

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Doug, Daniel and Mat,

I’m sorry, there was an error in the URL I shared. The correct one is this one: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3685663-recurring-event-support-for-tickets/.

Yes Doug, the workaround you described would work 🙂

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Doug

Wow, five years since conception and two years since put on the Long Term Roadmap. That doesn’t give me much hope for seeing this work with my site. Is this something that would be even considered in the next 6 months?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Doug,

It could be considered in the next 6 months, but at this stage, I can’t promise anything.

That said, you could always try our premium plugins knowing we will be happy to refund the full amount within 30 days of payment if our plugin does not fit your project as you expected.

Have a great day,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events and selling ticket limitations’ is closed to new replies.