Recurring events adds random exclusions

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events adds random exclusions

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    blankbeard
    Participant

I have been running into odd random bugs.

1. I have recurring shows that are having exceptions added randomly, without me doing it. They are usually from past dates.
    2. It also seems to be randomly ignoring one of the recurrence rules that I have added on some of my events. It happens to a few to several events per month. For example, I have events that are ongoing on the second and fourth fridays or first and third tuesdays etc. and some months it will just not add one of them. When I ‘edit all’ in the series and just update it (without changing anything in the event) it will then create the additional events. So it is a simple work around on my end, if I catch it, but it seems like something you may want to get ahold of, and it would be nice to not have to worry.

Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

Thank you for providing so much information in your initial post! I did a quick check on our logged bug/feature report and don’t see anything that leads me to believe we have a known bug that would be causing these oddities with your recurring events.

I’m not dismissing the possibility that there is in fact a bug, I’m just unsure how to address this particular situation as we don’t have a way to confirm until you can identify why/how this behavior is occurring.

If you don’t mind, send over screenshots to events that seem to be ignoring your recurrence rules and I’d be happy to try and replicate the problem. I also notice that you aren’t running the latest versions of our plugin, so that might be a contributing factor.

Again, thanks for the informative post and I look forward to your response.
    Cheers!

blankbeard
    Participant

Here is the most recent one. I don’t know why it picks certain events. It seems that it is the 2nd recurrence rule only. In the screenshots, I didn’t add any of the exceptions that are there. I have other screen shots, but this is pretty indicative of all of them.

blankbeard
    Participant

It seems to happen when they start auto creating events (I only create them 2 months out(added a screenshot of my settings)). They seem to work fine through that 2 month period, I imagine that it has something to do with that. Let me know if there is anything else you need from me.

Hunter

Welcome back and thanks for the responses 🙂

I see you’re running outdated versions of our plugins. Can you updated to the latest versions and let me know if the problem still occurs? Also, I see you checked ‘Yes’ to reverting back to the default WP theme and deactivating all other plugins as recommended in our Testing for conflicts guide, but can you please confirm this?

Keep me posted and have a good week.
    Cheers!

blankbeard
    Participant

I did update after your first post, sorry for not confirming. I also have reverted to default theme and deactivated all plugins, but I think this is happening as the recurring events are being auto created a week after I create the event, because I have my settings to “create events 2 months in advance” (does that make sense?). I think it is having a problem with the second recurrence description once it starts auto creating the events to stay 2 months out (again, is this making sense?). So for me to test this I would have to have everything deactivated for a week, I think.

Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

If you can, send over the ‘Time & Date‘ section from the back end of the events giving issues. (see screenshot below)

Having this info will help a lot. Thanks for keeping me updated and have a great rest of the day.

blankbeard
    Participant

Hi Hunter, I already added a screenshot of that info in my first reply on june 28th. I am happy to send others over if you need them.

Hunter

Welcome back,

My apologies, I didn’t scroll up far enough and forgot I had already asked for it! We just put out a new release which had some fixes for recurring events. Can you update to the latest version and try replicating the problem? I know it might take a bit of time to see the results, so I can keep the thread open until we see if the issue has been resolved.

If possible, can you set up a test environment on a subdomain using the default WP theme and only our plugins active? You’ll then need to create the event with the same Time & Date settings and see if the random exclusions are being generated.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I’d be happy to address them. I just took another quick look at the logged bug report and no similar instances have come through. Let me know how it goes and again, thanks for the patience while we try and figure this out.

Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events adds random exclusions’ is closed to new replies.