recurring events adding extra times

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO recurring events adding extra times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lynden Jones
    Participant

Added a new recurring event today and for some reason the event added extra times for today that are not part of the recurrence. When I look at the set up I can’t see those times added for todays date and I can’t see extra posts made to support the times I am seeing. Do you know what could be causing this?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Lynden!

I’m sorry you are having issues with recurring events. Let me help you troubleshoot it so we can find out what’s going on.

I’m not sure I understand exactly the issue. Could you please share with us a screenshot of the recurring settings when editing that event? Also, do you have a link to the event you created so we can have a closer inspection?

Additionally, when editing the events, could you please see if there are any console errors by inspecting the page? We have an article that explains how to do that here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-google-chrome-developer-tools/

Thanks,
    Victor

Lynden Jones
    Participant

Attached is a screenshot of the page with multiple listings of Merchant of Venice. The only time this event should be on for this date is at 7:30pm. As you can see in the event creation screenshot there is only one time created for the 25th. Screenshot 3 is of the duplicate events created in the backend even though they are not actually listed on the event.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Lynden,

Thanks for sending over those screenshots.

That is a very strange issue. Were you able to see any console errors while inspecting the edit event page?

Additionally, to make sure we are not dealing with a theme or plugin conflict, please go through the steps outlined in our Testing for Conflicts guide and see if you can reproduce the same issue under default conditions.

We always suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugins, theme and WordPress core updates without disrupting the live site.

When being under default conditions, try editing the event and click Update to regenerate the event series and see if any difference.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Lynden,

We have been able to identify a bug related the issue you are having and we are currently working to fix it in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released so you can try on your end.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

Please bear in mind that if you currently have recurring events with this problem, you will need to re-save them after this update so that the series regenerates correctly.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘recurring events adding extra times’ is closed to new replies.