Recurring events added non-desired dates

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events added non-desired dates

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mathew
    Participant

I too have tested today’s release of TEC 4.6.23 and TECPro 4.4.32 and confirmed that the issue is not resolved.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ron and Mathew,

This issue was not part of the release that went out today (you can see an overview of what was included here), but it looks like it will hopefully be included in the next cycle, although I cannot guarantee this and don’t have an ETA for that release yet. This still needs to go through development and testing.

I’m sorry I don’t have a better timeline I can give you at the moment!

Ron
    Participant

Any news? I want to participate in a beta release if necessary…

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

Everything still looks good for this to be included in the next release (although I can’t make any guarantees here). I still don’t have an exact date that I can give you, but it will likely be sometime over the next couple weeks. There won’t be a beta release for this issue, but we will let you know as soon as this release goes out!

Ron
    Participant

This issue has not been solved yet. Please un-mark it as solved.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

The thread is not marked as solved 🙂 The fix for this issue has not been released yet (still looks like it’s on track for the next release), but this thread will remain in “Pending fix” status until it is. At that time, we’ll post an update here. The thread will then remain open for three weeks after that and will only close automatically if there is no activity during that time.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

Please bear in mind that if you currently have recurring events with this problem, you will need to re-save them after this update so that the series regenerates correctly.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Victor Levy
    Participant

Hi Victor,

If the images do not make it in the email, they can be seen here: http://levysr.us/vShjkG3rhyCzqXU/

Thanks for your notification that the problem is fixed with seeing extra events when saving recurring events. In my staging environment I have verified the fix, but at the moment I am unsuccessful due to a separate problem. The issue is that my “Additional CSS” is intending to disable viewing of the list-date control in my advanced list widget, but the list-date control is nevertheless appearing in the staging environment. Below (and at http://levysr.us/vShjkG3rhyCzqXU/site_compare.png) you can see the correct production environment on the left and the incorrect staging environment on the right. Below that (and at http://levysr.us/vShjkG3rhyCzqXU/css_problem_devtools.PNG) you can see the Chrome DevTools inspector, which for production is showing the CSS override happening correctly but for staging is showing the additional CSS below and not preempting the Tribe CSS. If this is not easy to solve, I’ll open a new thread in the support site. For completeness, here is all of the contents in my Dashboard/Appearance/Customize/Additional CSS:

/*

Prevents the calendar icon from appearing in the UPCOMING EVENTS widget

*/

.tribe-events-adv-list-widget .list-date {

display:none;

}

/*

Prevents the Ribosome credits from appearing in the footer

*/

.credits-right {

display:none;

}

/*

Allows word wrap with pre-formatted text, e.g., copyright.

*/

pre {

white-space: pre-wrap;

}

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Victor,

I’m glad to hear that this is working for you now!

Regarding the CSS issue, you can try adding an !important tag:

.tribe-events-adv-list-widget .list-date {
    display: none !important;
    }

I tried to take a look at your staging site to test it out, but I was not able to get it to load…We are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but if you need further help with this, please feel free to open up a new thread. We’ll be happy to try to point you in the right direction!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events added non-desired dates’ is closed to new replies.