Recurring Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Cara
    Participant

I don’t see the option to add a recurring event (event series). Am I not running the Pro version? I tied adding our license but got an error for Event Aggregator. Is that even Event Calendar Pro or some sort of add on.

Am I missing the obvious?

There is a new version of Event Aggregator available but your license key is invalid. You may need to download and manually install the new version. You can check the status of your licenses and download plugins by logging in to your account on theeventscalendar.com. View what’s new with version 1.0.

Cara
    Participant

It turns out that Event Calendar Pro was disabled. Now I have the 404 error when an event is viewed.

Whenever I try to edit a series I get:

You can’t edit this item because it is in the Trash. Please restore it and try again.

Cara
    Participant

I updated Event Calendar Pro & now can view Events but still can’t edit.

Cara
    Participant

I removed some duplicates & now back to not being able to view events either.

Cara
    Participant

I managed to get the events to cooperate by restoring all events & then editing series. I suppose deleting a series event messes up the book keeping or perhaps using the non=Pro version was the culprit.

Still had issues creating a series since it insisted on making the event daily even though I selected weekly. Not a big issue since I only need 4 events but annoying.

My latest issue is Google Maps. Do I need to include a referrer to your site? Currently I have the site listed as *.bawdc.org/* and it works on contact page but not the calendar pages like this.

Getting this error “js:34 Google Maps API error: RefererNotAllowedMapError https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#referer-not-allowed-map-error
    Your site URL to be authorized: https://www.bawdc.org/event/west-coast-swing-level-iii-2/2017-09-05/”

Geoff B.

Good evening Cara and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the struggles you have experienced while setting up the Events Calendar Pro and managing recurring events. I would love to help you with this topic.

First off, major kudos on accomplish so much on your own!

It turns out that Event Calendar Pro was disabled. Now I have the 404 error when an event is viewed.

This is usually solved by:

1. Going to Events -> Settings -> General and hitting “Save”
    2. Re-saving your permalinks
    3. Flushing your cache (Siteground’s in your case)

You can’t edit this item because it is in the Trash. Please restore it and try again.

This does look like what the message suggests. Your events were somehow deleted (by accident or perhaps by the rules for recurring events found under Events -> Settings -> General

I managed to get the events to cooperate by restoring all events & then editing series. I suppose deleting a series event messes up the book keeping or perhaps using the non=Pro version was the culprit.

You make a great point. Manually deleting some events from a series or not trashing the Master recurring event might create several types of issues.

Depending on what you are looking to do, there are a couple of options available:

1. Add exceptions to your recurring rules for the days you no longer want to see appearing
    2. Break the undesired event from the series and delete it.

In any case, I am mostly glad you were able to get things working for you.

Still had issues creating a series since it insisted on making the event daily even though I selected weekly. Not a big issue since I only need 4 events but annoying.

That is quite odd. Perhaps there is some type of conflict at play here ?
    Try temporarily reverting back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if that issue persists.

My latest issue is Google Maps. Do I need to include a referrer to your site? Currently I have the site listed as *.bawdc.org/* and it works on contact page but not the calendar pages like this.

This will depend entirely on your web hosting setup. But the short answer seems to be yes.

Google is more demanding than ever now when it comes to Google Maps API requirement.
    I recommend you follow this guide precisely: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-your-google-maps-api-key/

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.