Recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Claffy
    Participant

My calendar is totally fubar after upgrading. The month view is a disaster. It is repeating the same events over and over again. Jesus.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry to hear you are having issues after the update. That’s not good.

Let me try to help you fix that.

Unfortunately on your screenshot it is difficult to see any issue, eventhough they might be there. I tried to check your live site as well to check for some details but the month view seems disabled so I wasn’t lucky there.

Could you please share some more details so I can see where the issue is?

• Please share a current system information.
    • If possible, enable the month view so I can see the issue live.
    •  All events or only some are messed up? What kind of events are messed up? Single, recurring or both?
    • Please choose 1 or 2 specific events and let me know:
      • how were / are they set up?
      • what do you see?
      • what do you expect to see?
    • If it’s not all events, when were the messed up events created? Sometime in the past (2-3 months ago)?

Let me give you some background why I have all these questions:

In version 4.4 we have re-worked how recurring events are handled in the backend. This unfortunately messed up some recurring event rules for some people when updating to 4.4.

We have released a fix for this earlier this week. Some events that were messed up with the 4.4 update, if they got corrected by the admin manually, they might get messed up again. We are not 100% sure this is the case, it is a theory so far and there are no other reports of this yet.

Please let me know the answers to the above questions and I’ll try to help you fix this as fast as I can.

Cheers and have a great weekend!
    Andras

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

How can I have a good weekend when I am working bc of your b.s.? I’m not
    going to enable the month view publicly when you take hours or days to
    respond. I have a single event with no recurring rules that is displaying
    in every day. I have recurring events that are not being created. I’m about
    done with this mess.

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

HOME URLhttps://myfergusoncalendar.comSITE
    URLhttps://myfergusoncalendar.comSITE
    LANGUAGEEnglishCHARACTER SETUTF-8NAMETom [email protected]
    KEYS

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

Ok the single event is scheduled for 6 weeks. The other event that does not
    have a July 20th occurrence was just edited yesterday. Not as bad as I
    thought but how do I did the recurring rule that is not working? And using
    the back and forth buttons are still changing the views incorrectmy. Is
    this going to the default I have on my page because your settings did not
    work for the default? Has this ever been fixed?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Thomas,

How can I have a good weekend when I am working bc of your b.s.?

I’m sorry if my closing phrase upset you, I was merely trying to be nice while trying to be helpful.

I’m not going to enable the month view publicly…

I fully understand you don’t want to show something on your website that doesn’t look good. It is recommended to have a staging site where this can cause no issue and where testing and bughunting can be done without affecting the traffic on the live site.

…when you take hours or days to respond.

I’m sorry if you got the perception of our response times of being days long. Based on our support policy we do strive to provide an answer to every post within 24-48 hours on workdays. It is very rare that we go over that. I’m really sorry if this is not inline with your expectations of our premium support.

Happy to hear that the single event looks good.

The other event that does not have a July 20th occurrence was just edited yesterday. Not as bad as I thought but how do I did the recurring rule that is not working?

Can you provide me some more details of the issue? Best would be a screenshot of the recurrence rules and of how it shows on the frontend. Basically what is going amiss?

And using the back and forth buttons are still changing the views incorrectly. Is this going to the default I have on my page because your settings did not work for the default? Has this ever been fixed?

The back and forward buttons of the browser are navigating your browsing history back and forth. Which works well for some websites. Our calendar utilizes AJAX calls when switching between months, which does not show up in the browser history, that is why you might be experiencing weird behavior.

If you are switching between the default views (meaning you didn’t change month in the month view, or didn’t navigate to next / previous events in list view), that should work with back and forward buttons.

If you are browsing through the months in month view, that will not work with the back / forward buttons due to the AJAX call. We are aware of this and we have an internal ticket on file, however at the moment there is no fix developed yet.

I do hope these answer your questions and if you provide me details about that recurring event issue I’d be more then happy to help you solve that.

Note that if it is a recurring event that had the issues due to the update, then it might be easier / faster just to simply delete and recreate it, then trying to fix it.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events’ is closed to new replies.