Recurring Event Won't Finish Posting

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event Won't Finish Posting

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    nhaa webmaster
    Participant

Hi there! I forgot I had access to premium support, so I’m reposting this problem here.

I’m creating a recurring event. Pretty straight forward stuff, but the event won’t finish saving. The bar for the recurrence just sits there and spins and spins and spins – see screenshot: http://www.screencast.com/t/c0AKN5YS

And if I go out to the front end of the site and refresh the calendar, the first of the recurring series shows up (January: http://nhaa.net/events/list/?tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=list&tribeHideRecurrence=1&tribe_eventcategory%5B%5D=262) – none of the other dates are getting published. If I uncheck the option for “Show only the first upcoming instance of recurring events” – I see my January event from the series appearing twice and no others. It’s been 10-15 minutes now and the spinner is still spinning and my recurring events are still not appearing….

I’ve captured a snapshot of the recurrence settings/exclusions:
    2016-11-20_1202

Any suggestions? We use the X Theme.

nhaa webmaster
    Participant

And it just keeps getting stranger, and stranger. Now I’ve got more and more of the recurring event happening on Jan 22nd, when that was supposed to be a single date in the recurrence: http://www.screencast.com/t/g8hJii3N3e

It’s also decided to generate some for Jan 22, 1970. That should be interesting! 🙂
    2016-11-20_1334

For the moment, I’ve deleted all of these and moved them to the trash. My site is live, and I can’t have incorrect dates appearing like this. It’s baffling. The recurring events feature was the main reason we paid for the PRO version, and now it looks like it’s not going to work…

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Jennifer and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the recurring event’s strange behaviour on your site.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

By the sound of it, it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

The reason I am bringing this up is because I tried to test your exact event rules and it worked like a charm.

So I guess we just need to figure out why things are not going smoothly on your specific install.

Hang in there and let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

nhaa webmaster
    Participant

Hi there! Ok, I was afraid of that. Let me go through these tests and I’ll circle back with you. Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good evening Jennifer,

I totally hear you.
    I know this is not fun to do, but it is by far the easiest way to troubleshoot.

Keep me in the loop of your findings so that we can work on fixing it together.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

nhaa webmaster
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

nhaa webmaster
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Jennifer,

Thank you for writing back.

Hi! I have not tried switching themes yet. I need to set up a staging site, and unfortunately, I’ve never done that before and I’m not very technical

A lot of web hosts offer help setting up a staging site (some of them for free).
    You might want to check if that is your case.

As for switching themes (just for the purpose of troubleshooting), perhaps for now you could send me a copy as previously suggested ? That way, I can do the test for you.

Managing this site is a volunteer role for me, so I may not get back to you for a few days (probably over the weekend this weekend). And no worries on the delay in replying – I knew you guys were not available on the weekends, so was not expecting an answer any sooner than you sent one. ?

Awesome, take as much time as you need, I’ll be there to help you figure this one out when you are ready.

Best of luck in that endeavour.

Let me know how that goes.

Cheers,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event Won't Finish Posting’ is closed to new replies.