Recurring Event Times Went Backwards By 1 Hour

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event Times Went Backwards By 1 Hour

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

We just noticed that all of our recurring times went backwards by one hour. It appears this happening with the May 7 times.

So if you look at the front end of the site, you’ll see June Sunday School is listed at 8:30am (http://d.pr/i/102lf), however, if you look at the backend it shows the times correct at 9:30am (http://d.pr/i/1iPSw).

Another issue, related or not, is that when I click on a recurring event on the site it does not take me to the event, it redirects to http://immanuelbaptist.org/all/ instead. This only happens when I have PRO active, so right now it is not active.

I’ve followed the steps outlined in your trouble shooting document. I have deactivated all plugins, I have used TwentyFifteen, and I have clear caches.

Help! Thanks so much.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Greg,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

To clarify, it looks like you created a recurring event starting in January of this year to occur weekly from 9:30 – 10:30am. Based on your notes, it sounds like this was working and displaying properly on the front-end until May 7. Since the May 7th event, the front-end versions of this recurrence are displaying 8:30 – 9:30am rather than the proper 9:30 – 10:30 time still set for the event within the event edit screen?

A couple of quick questions:

• Did this occur just for this recurring event, or did this happen to all of the events that you have recurring on the calendar?
    • Now that you have PRO deactivated, when looking at the individual edit screens for these recurring events, are the times still showing the proper setting of 9:30 – 10:30am on the dashboard edit or do they now show 8:30am start times with PRO deactivated?

Thanks!

Greg
    Participant

Your clarification statement is correct.

1. Right now it only seems like it is our recurring items. I checked and looked at August where we have a Vacation Bible School scheduled. Those dates and times are correct.

2. The individual events show the correct times of 9:30am – 10:30am for the Sunday School in the dashboard, but not on the actual calendar.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Greg,

Thanks for verifying! I’ll do some tests and follow-up with our team since you’ve verified that you’ve gone through the Testing for Conflicts procedures without to see if I can reproduce or find a source for this type of issue.

I’ll then follow-up with you here with what I find.

I apologize for the inconvenience and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this issue quickly.

Thanks!

Greg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Greg,

I apologize for the delayed response. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to replicate the issue locally.

Here are a couple of steps that I believe may help in this particular case:

1. Update both your Events Calendar plugin and Events Calendar Pro plugins to the latest version
    2. Go to your WordPress settings and update your website timezone to the appropriate time for your location. Looking at your site I’m assuming that would be UTC – 4?
    3. Delete the current recurring event that is showing the wrong time.
    4. Recreate the event to see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Greg
    Participant

OK, I did what you mentioned and all is good for now. Unfortunately we don’t know why or what the root of that problem was, but after some labor we got everything back to where we want it.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Greg,

Awesome! I’m glad this is working for you now.

To be honest there are a number of different factors that could have contributed to the initial issue from the server to a temporary plugin or code on the site. If the issue happens again, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread and reference this one when you do.

For now, I’ll go ahead and close this thread. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event Times Went Backwards By 1 Hour’ is closed to new replies.