Recurring Event Ticket Workaround

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Recurring Event Ticket Workaround

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

I understand that tickets for recurring events is in the works, and I can manage until then if I’m able to have a workaround of some sort. I am only using recurring on Free RSVPS currently:

1) Once the RSVP is complete, it reloads the page to the first event in the series. Is it possible to have this go back to the current event date, or a custom domain rather than the first event in the series.
    AND Is it possible to remove the date from ONLY the RSVP ticket email, while leaving the Paid tickets as is?

-OR-

2) I tried duplicate post plugin, however it does not duplicate the ticket along with the event. I know I can save fieldsets on the ticket, can I save an entire ticket (Name, Description, Stock, and fieldset) and add it easily somehow? Dropdown, check box, through the additional field setting? Even this would save me some time.

Geoff

Hi Jeannette and happy Friday!

I really wish I had a workaround for this that I could recommend but there really is no solid or simple way to support tickets in recurring events at the moment. We’ve even found the building the integration is a lot tougher than we anticipated and–while we are indeed working on it–it’s a good example of how complicated the feature is.

The ideas you shared are definitely cool but I’m afraid that creating a redirect or getting tickets to integrate with a post duplication plugin would still require a hefty amount of custom development that would be beyond what we’re able to accomplish here in the forums.

Again, I really wish I had a solution for you here (I’m equally anticipating this feature!) but am sorry that I do not. I know it’s not ideal, but does this at least help answer your question?

Thanks,
    Geoff

Brian
    Participant

Thank you Geoff, I see some others have mentioned using CSV Import to get around this. I looked through and watched the video for CSV Import and the example CSVs. Is there a way to add RSVP or tickets to events via CSV Import? This might be a recently added feature as I’ve found conflicting answers in the forums.

It has a field for event name, but doesn’t mention whether the ticket or RSVP gets added to that event as long as the names match? If so, does the event name have to be unique i.e. if I have a recurring event “Event 1” on multiple dates will it add all tickets to the first “Event 1” or will it use another date to validate?

Is there a way to have the Attendee Information Fieldset added to the RSVP/Ticket from CSV Import as well?

Geoff

Hi Jeannette and thanks for following up!

Yes! There definitely is a way to use the CSV importer for tickets. Here is a list of all the fields that can be imported in the file.

The key is to make sure that any events, organizers and venues are imported/created first to ensure that the tickets have something to attach themselves to.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Brian
    Participant

Thanks that should save lots of time. I don’t see a way to add attendee information field sets though. I see this question asked in another thread with no clear answer. The answer in the other thread points to adding attendees, which isn’t correct. Is this possible?

So if I have a saved fieldset of a text box, drop down, and radio button and I’ve saved it as “Event 1 Fieldset” how would I add that to the RSVP or Ticket? Is there an import option for that?

Geoff

Hi Jeanette, hope you had a great weekend!

That’s exactly correct — the CSV importer in The Events Calendar will not import attendee meta. I think what the other thread was trying to accomplish was to import orders into WooCommerce rather than manually creating them and there is a tool specific to WooCommerce to help with that. That way, you could theoretically import the ticket product from The Events Calendar and map orders to those tickets via WooCommerce. Again, I think that’s not quite what we’re looking for here.

So if I have a saved fieldset of a text box, drop down, and radio button and I’ve saved it as “Event 1 Fieldset” how would I add that to the RSVP or Ticket? Is there an import option for that?

That’s a great question and something I really wish the CSV importer was capable of importing saved fieldsets but I’m afraid it is not. I’m actually very surprised that isn’t an existing ticket in our feature request forum, though I would highly recommend adding it since I can certainly see how it would be extremely helpful to have.

Definitely let me know if you have additional questions here and I’d be happy to continue helping as best I can.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Brian
    Participant

I’ve tried to add this to the feature request forum multiple times now. Icon just spins and spins…

Geoff

Oh weird, that is no good! We use a third-party service called UserVoice for feature requests, so I will be sure to follow up there and see what is happening.

In the meantime, did you have any other questions about recurring event support for tickets? Let me know!

Thanks for the heads up!

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event Ticket Workaround’ is closed to new replies.