"Recurring Event" posting preceded by unremovable vertical line

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "Recurring Event" posting preceded by unremovable vertical line

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steven
    Participant

Just posted an event that repeats for a total of four dates. No trouble posting the recurring event, but the display of the event has an unremovable vertical line just before the word “Recurring”, so it looks like this:

|Recurring Event (See all)

I have no idea why it’s there, or how to get rid of it. It certainly doesn’t relate to any text in the post, because at the moment there is no text at all, just a graphic. Is this a bug in the programming?

The URL below goes to the post page where this can be seen. I’ve also attached a screenshot.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Steven.
    Courtney

Hello Steven

Oh, let’s see if we can get rid of that!

Can you start by going through our Testing for Conflicts Guide https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/?ย  I am wondering if you might have a plugin or theme conflict.ย  Begin by deactivating all other plugins, using a theme such as Twenty Seventeen https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyseventeen/, and see if the issue still persists.

Also, double check for any other updates available (Dashboard ยป Updates).ย 

Please let me know if the issue still persists after these tests.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Mathew
    Participant

Steven,

It’s not a bug. The separator is there by design. You can see this on The Events Calendar demo.

If you notice, it disappears on smaller screens via tribe-events-full-mobile.css.

It could be removed on desktop views with CSS (see below) or a template override.

.tribe-events-divider {
    display: none !important;
    }

Hope this helps.

Steven
    Participant

Hello Courtney,

I cannot do what you are requesting. The site that this is on is part of a multisite that is actively being used by a cancer center. Most of the plugins are Network activated. “Deactivating all other plugins” is therefore not a trivial request. It would require my ending network activation, and then manually temporarily activating the plugins individually on all of the other network sites, and then later, undoing that and restoring network activation to all sites. That would take hours and hours of work. I’m simply not going to do that, and I absolutely cannot afford to have any of these sites offline or non-funcitoning, especially for a trivial issue like an extra vertical line (which, by the way, appears nowhere else in any of the pages of this site or the other sites in the network, all of which are using the same theme โ€“ Beaver Builder โ€“ and the same plugins).

I have to admit that it is incredibly annoying for a reputable plugin vendor to make “deactivating everything” as your first, rote response to any report of something not working. Is that the only option? Might there be any other ideas?

Thank you.
    Steve

Courtney

Hi Steven

I do understand the frustration of disabling everything for a multisite network, but a selective amount on a staging server might be super helpful.

In the meantime, can you give @mathewlewis suggestion a try? That should create the look you are wanting.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Steven
    Participant

Yep, Mathew’s suggestion fixed the problem. That’s just what I was looking for. Thanks!

(Sorry for the delayed reply; I was unable to return to this until just now.)

Courtney

Thanks Steven!
    Courtney ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘"Recurring Event" posting preceded by unremovable vertical line’ is closed to new replies.