Recurring event only shows once in all views

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring event only shows once in all views

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I posted a recurring event with the first event ocurring on 3 August and then every day until the 6 August but only the first event appears in all views. I had a look at the settings and both “Recurring event instances” and “Front-end recurring…” are unchecked (I also tried checking these and saving just in case, but nothing changed). I also deleted the recurring event and emptied the trash, then created it again as I read in one of the threads that the event could be corrupted, but this didn´t solve the problem either. My calendar is mainly based in recurring events, so fixing this problem is very important to me. Any ideas what may be causing the issue?

Thanks very much,
    Yoly

in addition to the problem I explained before, I just created another event (“Las Tablas”) that occurs everyday from 3 August (3/8/2015) to 9 of August (9/8/2015), but after posting it, it shows until 8 September (8/9/2015). I reviewed all dates I inserted in the event and they are correct, it should display correctly until the 9 August. Maybe this new issue can shed some more light on what’s going on…

Thanks,
    Yoly

Josh
    Participant

Hey Yoly,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This is definitely a strange issue to be having. We do have some issues with the “see all” view of recurring events, however that issue prevents the first instance of the recurring event from displaying while all the other event instances still display.

As an initial testing step, would you mind following the Testing for Conflicts procedures to ensure there isn’t a conflict occurring with an existing plugin or theme?

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your recommendation. I followed the steps to test for conflicts but the issue was not resolved. Any other ideas? Is this a bug you think? And if so, is there an ETA of when it might be resolved?

Thanks,
    Yolanda

Josh
    Participant

Hey Yolanda,

I was just notified yesterday of a new bug based on the date format selected. To ensure this is the same issue, does the issue persist if you change your date format from day/month/year format to month/day/year format?

I can’t give an exact date for a resolution. I can say that the issue has been ticketed and assigned to a developer to be addressed in an upcoming release. If this issue is the same, I’ll add this thread to that internal ticket and you will be notified here as we make progress towards a solution.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Lucy Palmer
    Participant

Hi Josh, I’m assuming our issue with the date format is the same as has just been reported to you.

Our client reported that recurring events weren’t working, so I’ve just tested a daily recurring event starting on 31 August and finishing on 1 September. The event displays properly on the start date, but highlighting the recurrence shows this incorrectly as 9 January! Dates in our datepicker display as dd/mm/yyyy, but the recurrence is looking to display in the calendar as mm/dd/yyyy. Tried again with 31 October which showed the recurrence as today’s date, presumably as 10/31/2015 doesn’t resolve in dd/mm/yyyy. Tried changing the datepicker format to mm/dd/yyyy to no avail. The ‘See all’ link gives us a 404.

HTH, Jeremy

Randy Dunning
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for adding to this thread.

This is a known bug that we now have an internal ticket logged for tracking progress. I’ve added this thread to that ticket so you all will be notified here as we make progress on this one.

One note though, after further testing, recurring events should work if you have the following structure (mm/dd/yyyy ensuring that you’re using the “/” rather than “-” within that setting). If you’re still experiencing a 404, try re-saving your permalinks (Settings > Permalinks) and see if that resolves the issue after creating the event.

Thanks!

Randy Dunning
    Participant

The structure change and clearing the cache worked for us! Thank you!!!

Hi Josh,

Thanks a lot for that, it is working for me too after changing the structure, and I don´t get the 404 either anymore.

Thanks again!
    Yolanda

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for following up!

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. Everyone in the thread will still be notified here as we make progress on this issue. If there are any further issues, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Leah

Hello,

Thank you so much for reporting this. We are happy to tell you that a solution to this issue is part of our upcoming 3.12 release! We are doing the final testing and then the new version will be released. Keep an eye on your dashboard Updates page!

If you experience any difficulty with the update or find that the issue you reported in this thread is not resolved in 3.12, please open a new thread and we can help you. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring event only shows once in all views’ is closed to new replies.