Recurring Event not showing details when clicking on the actual event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event not showing details when clicking on the actual event

• This topic has 13 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Cassy Loeppky.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Cassy Loeppky
    Participant

I have set up a recurring event lasting from March 31-May 20. Every time i click on the most current event block (March 31st event) it normally would bring up info on the recurring event info but now it’s bringing me to the “All Events of ….” page. so just showing all the recurring days for this event – but does not include the first occurrence – March 31st.. it just shows the next occurrence that happens in April.. When i go to click on Find Out More on the first recurrence of this event. It brings me right back to this page.. not to a page with the event details like it normally would. I have tried to delete and re input the event multiple times. This is the first time having this issue and no other recurring events have this issue..

Issue is with http://chapel.org/event/becoming-one-2/all/

Nico

Hi there Cassy,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and sorry to hear about this issue.

Looks like this is related with a known bug in the ‘all’ events page. This issue will be fixed in the upcoming maintenance release coming out tomorrow (most probably). Can you please wait until 4.4.3 is out and re-test this after the plugins are updated in your site?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should address some of the problems reported in this thread.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-3-event-tickets-4-4-3-premium-add-ons/

I hope this update helps!

Cheers,
    George

Cassy Loeppky
    Participant

I’m not sure if the issue is resolved because I can’t even click on the next page of events. When i click next, it just takes me to the top of the first page and this specific event is on the 2nd page..

Cassy Loeppky
    Participant

Also, very often, this issue happens where the event blocks get jumbled together and you can’t see details until you refresh the page… sometime it takes multiple refreshing of the page.. This happens a lot and i can’t even click the next button… the next button is still not working but I sometimes can’t even click it..

Nico

Hey Cassy,

Thanks for following up! Looks like I was wrong and this was not related to the bug that got fixed in the MR.

Let’s start over trouble shooting the issue. Can you please follow the steps described in our Testing for conflicts guide? This way we can see if this is a problem in our plugin or a conflict with the theme or other installed plugins.

Best,
    Nico

Cassy Loeppky
    Participant

I went through the steps and there wasn’t a specific plugin or them issue. I deactivated all the plugins one at a time, retested. and the problem happened again the first time after i activated the last plugin (Yoast Premium). I then deactivated that plugin to recreate the problem but the problem was still happening so I went through and deactivated all the the plugins again and went through the same steps. The 2nd time, Yoast didn’t cause any problems. now i have all my plugins activated and the issue isn’t happening..

So I guess my issue is supernaturally fixed but I’m not sure what the actual issue was.

The events page is till having issues with the images laying on top of one another until you move the screen in and out or refresh the page a few times. – But, I think this is a known issue already.

Cassy Loeppky
    Participant

The issue is happening again.. i have troubleshooted multiple times deactivating and activating and retesting and i don’t have a common issue.. we desperately need to get this fixed.

Thanks.

Nico

Thanks for the update Cassy. Sorry to hear this issue re-appeared.

The events page is till having issues with the images laying on top of one another until you move the screen in and out or refresh the page a few times. – But, I think this is a known issue already.

This is indeed a logged bug that we are trying to fix for the upcoming maintenance release.

On the other issue, can you please describe detailed instructions on how I can reproduce it? Please add some screenshots to illustrate the issue. I’m not sure about it, also from the description you make it seems to be a bit random / dependent on other configurations.

Best,
    Nico

Cassy Loeppky
    Participant

When i go to click “Next Events” at the bottom of the events page (first picture) I am taken to the top of the first/orignal page i was already on. (second picture).

The issue page is – chapel.org/events

I tested for conflicts on Saturday morning. When i did that, no one individual plugin recreated the issue. When i had all the plugins and correct them back up, i retested the events page and it was working normally.. yesterday (sunday) I was working on the website and noticed that it had reverted back to not allowing me to advance to the next page of events. (like it was doing originally.)

Cassy Loeppky
    Participant

I have continued to troubleshoot over the last few days. Went ahead and did a “random” deactivate and retest of our plugins. Ended up looking like our plugin – Campaign Monitor – Version 2.5.4 is the conflict..

What is next on fixing this? This is a plugin that we must have and don’t have an alternate option for.

Thanks!

Nico

Hey Cassy! Great catch!

This seems to be the plugin you are talking about, right? → https://wordpress.org/plugins/forms-for-campaign-monitor/

Devs of the plugin seem to be pretty active in their support forum (https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/forms-for-campaign-monitor/), so I recommend reaching out to report the issue. From what you describe they seem to be hijacking the next/prev posts query.

If this was not happening before, maybe you can downgrade the Campaign Monitor plugin to a previous version were this work as expected → https://wordpress.org/plugins/forms-for-campaign-monitor/developers/

Hope that helps,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event not showing details when clicking on the actual event’ is closed to new replies.