Recurring event links show 404 page not found

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring event links show 404 page not found

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

After a recent WordPress upgrade, we found that recurring event links produce the 404 error. I updated TEC as recommended by the tribe team but it did not resolve the issue.

We then renewed our ECP license and upgraded from 4.0.6 -> 4.4.18. The issue persists.

I also found that dashboard level event list shows recurring events with 2018 start and end dates. I tried to examine event posts at mysql level but was unsure how to identify them.

My client is quite concerned that events have been lost or currupted. Is there any way to verify that events have not been lost? A solution for 404 errors is also essential.

Thank you,
    Andrew

Janet
    Participant

I also had this problem and another user, Kate, provided the answer here in another post:

I was able to fix this problem by doing the Permalinks flush recommended in this post: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/fixing-http-404-errors/

This worked for both of us!

Andrew
    Participant

Janet,

Thanks for noticing this issue and potential solution. The fix says to “change” the permalink from the default. But I have already done that when the site was created.

Would you know if apply the fix has any risk of breaking file storage location of any content or attachments? After changing it, can I revert it back to my original permalink format?

I could also clone the site and try the fix there first.

/Andrew

Janet
    Participant

I didn’t change anything…my permalinks were already set to Post Name and I just re-saved it. That fixed the issue.

I don’t really want to offer any other advice as I am really just a beginner! Perhaps someone else can chime in to respond to your other questions. But I don’t think that just re-saving, without making any changes (like I did) is likely to break anything.

Andrew
    Participant

Ok! Rather than changing the permalink setting as suggested by the fix, I just chose “Save changes”. No more 404 error.

Now I need to check if the dashboard event listing issue was also resolved.

Andrew
    Participant

Hey Janet,

Thanks for the pointers to the 404 fix. Tribe should consider hiring you 🙂

/Andrew

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you were able to get this issue resolved? (Thanks Janet for posting your solution here as well!)

I’m sorry we didn’t respond right away, but we usually only have support available during weekdays (please see our forum guidelines for more info). However, I’m glad another user was able to provide some tips for you!

If there is anything else you need help with, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring event links show 404 page not found’ is closed to new replies.