Recurring event + custom event link behind Events Calendar

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Recurring event + custom event link behind Events Calendar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thierry
    Participant

I refer to our previous conversation: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/changing-the-link-of-eventbrite-events-2/#post-1288014
    I just bought Events Calendar Pro and Evenbrite tickets plugin.

My question is: when a visitor clicks on the “more info” button on an event, I would like them to redirect to another page. Not the eventbrite page, and not the default summary page that you guy’s use. Is this possible?

So, I would like to use the Calendar or Photo view to collect and organize all my eventbrite events on my website, and then send the visitor to a custom link after the click on the event.

Also, I can’t seem to manage to let recurring events shown. It’s very important that this works. Now it’s just one event without the separate dates that I described in my eventbrite event.

Thanks in advance.

Greeting,
    Thierry

Cliff

Hi, Thierry.

Yes, this is possible.

Please provide a link to your existing site and an annotated screenshot of what button(s) or link(s) from it you’d like customized. Then, please explain how you’ll enter the custom link for each event (possibly using the Event Website URL, the Venue Website URL, or maybe a URL type field from PRO’s Additional Fields functionality).

Then I’ll be able to better assist you.

Thierry
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Please try this code snippet:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/2e5c53412171363b66864087b6a75bad

Since it’s redirecting from the Single Event view/page, it should always work correctly, no matter from which view someone clicks to view it.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Thierry
    Participant

Where do I paste this code please?

Thierry
    Participant

Hey Cliff,

It works! Thank you!

Could also fix the recurring event situation please? Right now each event is planned for several weeks on the website (calendar), but on my Eventbrite account I’ve putted several recurring dates but these don’t show.

Thank you for the help!

Cliff

I’m glad that worked for you. Here’s some general information about adding custom code:

Best practice for adding custom code (like to implement a PHP snippet to modify The Events Calendar) is to create a functionality plugin, unless it’s something specific to your theme, in which case best practice is to make sure you’re using a child theme, then add the customization to your child theme’s functions.php file.

===

Please also note that, in our forums we keep our threads focused on just one issue at a time to ensure we fully answer each of your questions/issues. Please keep this in mind for the future and start a new thread for your additional questions from this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

I can say that at the wp-admin event edit screen, this text is displayed:

Note: The Eventbrite API does not yet support recurring events, so all instances of recurring events will be associated with a single Eventbrite event.

If you have any follow-up questions about this second issue, please do create a separate, new issue.

Thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring event + custom event link behind Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.