Recurrent events issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurrent events issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steven
    Participant

I have the same problem as others such as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-events-times-and-other-issues-incorrect-when-published/

and: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-event-duplicates/

Here is another interesting twist: I display a day view of a date in December. When I try to fix an event on that date because of above issue and I refresh that December day view, I end up with a week view for this week (Sept 3). I happens every time!

I am on Event Calendar Pro 4.4.31. I tried reverting to 4.4.30 and that gave me bigger reason to stress! I could see events listed in the month view and day view, but when I clicked an individual event that I had entered over the last week or so (and we are talking a lot of events here), I would get the ‘woops can’t display’ error message. Also, I would get the same message when trying to display the week view. You can imagine that I am hesitant to revert back again.

Recurring events were not an issue before. Right now, it seems to work if I enter a series that recurs regularly (example Thur Fri Sat at 2:00pm). BUT if I add a single event at a different time (example Wed. at 7:00pm), then that’s when things fall apart. That single event will cause duplicate entries in the series (two events on Thur at 2:00 pm as well an additional event in the series on Sat at 7:00pm and NO event on Wed at 7:00pm.

This is undoing days of tedious data entry!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Steven,

I apologize for the issues that you’re running into here! Our developers are actively working on getting these issues with recurring events resolved as quickly as possible.

Regarding the issue with reverting back to the default view and events not being found, this is likely related to the issue with recurring events where upcoming instances are deleted when using the “Once” rule. If the pages have been deleted, this is probably why you are seeing that error. I’ve linked this thread to our internal ticket for this issue, so as soon as we have an update, we’ll let you know here.

I’m sorry about the inconvenience that this is causing, and thank you for your patience as we work on getting it fixed! Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steven!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for one of the issues you describe here.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-9-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if it works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

A new release of our plugins is out, including another fix around the recurring events functionality.

You can find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

Please bear in mind that if you currently have recurring events with this problem, you will need to re-save them after this update so that the series regenerates correctly.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurrent events issue’ is closed to new replies.