Recuring events featured image does not display for recuring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recuring events featured image does not display for recuring events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    steph
    Participant

Hi TEC

I’ve had a user register an account on my website, to submit a recurring event to my events calendar. He has set it up right, with a featured image, but that image only displays on the first event. The recurring events were created as they should, but the image does not display on the front end, even though the actual events do have the image set as a featured image (when i look at them through the back end)

https://www.rookieraceline.com/event/fm6-spec-racing-honda-nsx-r-hosted-by-rfm4/all/

Geoff B.

Good evening Steph and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Secondly, can you try temporarily reverting back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists ? (ideally with a maintenance page plugin active or in a staging environment).

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

steph
    Participant

This reply is private.

steph
    Participant

Have you had a chance to check this out?
    Also, i am trying to edit a recuring event submited by this user (change the timezone) and although the timezone does change in the backend, it does not seem to change it in the front end. Does the event calendar have some sort of cache that needs to be flushed?

Geoff B.

Good evening Steph,

Thank you for writing back.

First off, I would like to apologize for the delay answering.
    We are currently experiencing a higher level of requests than usual.

Please rest assured that we are working hard at correcting this situation.
    We appreciate your patience while we try to normalize things.

I believe you might be on to something. Since reverting to a default theme did not help, it looks like caching might be at play.

Either:

1. WP Fastest cache (not necessarily the plugin itself, but some of its settings)
    2. Our built-in month view cache setting found under Events -> Settings -> Display
    3. Browser cache
    4. Optimization settings impacting display

So my next recommendation would be to temporarily undo every single caching/optimization setting and turn off all caching plugins.

Once that is done, test the changes again (including reverting back to a default theme), but make sure you test these changes in a private browsing window. This will guarantee that browser cache does not get in the way.

Finally, it is worth re-saving that specific event on your end, just to see what happens.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Recuring events featured image does not display for recuring events’ is closed to new replies.