Ready to buy, questions about customizing, styling and manual excerpt area

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Ready to buy, questions about customizing, styling and manual excerpt area

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Kendall

I read in a post you don’t support customization. Is this true? If so, what kinds of customization do you not support exactly because I’d imagine that just about everyone would want to customize the plugin to fit their site in some way. That being said, what we would need in a nutshell is:

– making the calendar page look something like the screenshot in link below. We manually created this with a normal WordPress page tools. https://www.dropbox.com/s/j55028o9t80jt5y/calendar-look.png?dl=0

– linking to a page for each show that WE CREATE, NOT the page that the event plugin creates for you. We’d rather just create the page exactly the way we want, not try to massively change the landing page designed by the plugin. We just need to

– customizing the manual excerpt area… It seems like the only way to really achieve this is to code within the “manual excerpt” area but since this is just a basic HTML box, it seems limited. Is there a way to make the manual excerpt area as customizable as the main content editing area on a normal wordpress page?

Thanks
    David

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the interest in our plugins.

It is correct for the most part we do not provide support on customizations. We will try to help out to get your started, but beyond that we are unable to troubleshoot or provide coding for customizations.

It is possible to customize all the event templates even in the free version and we have a guide to help people get started:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

For you three points: the calendar page, linking, and the excerpt we can help answer questions to get you started, but beyond that you would have to do all the coding.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

David Kendall

Thanks so much for your answer. Regarding customization, I am very familiar with HTML and CSS but don’t know PHP really at all so I would need help customizing definitely with any PHP. To reiterate in a nutshell, I would basically like the “manual excerpt” area to be just like the main content creation area where you can add elements, format text, etc…

What should I do at this point, open a ticket or what’s next to achieve these things?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are unable to help out on customizations as much as you are looking for. We have a list of people that maybe to help here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

You can also post on the WordPress.org forum and someone maybe to help you out there:

The Events Calendar

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since this is marked with a correct answer, I am going to close this ticket. If you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Ready to buy, questions about customizing, styling and manual excerpt area’ is closed to new replies.