Re. Event Calendar Pro. Can I group multiple events into a single booking/sale?I

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Re. Event Calendar Pro. Can I group multiple events into a single booking/sale?I

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ric

I’m working on a site for a Physical Therapist who runs multiple classes at several locations. Each class accommodates a limited number of clients, usually 4-10. Each class is individual but they make up a programme that spans several consecutive weeks.

She has priced her classes per class but wants to set the booking so her clients are required to book for the entire programme, e.g. if there are 5 classes in a programme she wants to display them individually (and as a group), but require her customers to block book for the entire programme (5 classes in this example).

Questions:

Does Event Calendar Pro have functionality to group events into larger collections?
    Can it require a transaction for all classes which have been grouped together?
    Does the customer have an account where they manage & cancel bookings?
    If they can cancel, is there a refund facility?
    Assuming there is a refund facility, can the system retain a portion of the fee, i.e. 50% non-refundable deposit/ restocking)?

Thanks

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ric,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

The only out-of-the-box way to group events together and require that they all be purchased together would be to use the recurring events feature of Events Calendar Pro.

By default, events have a simple “Cost” field (entirely independent of any ticketing on the event) where you can manually enter a cost for the event. For this scenario, I would recommend using this to display the price per event, then adding a ticket to the series priced to include all dates. With recurring events, tickets are added to the series as a whole by default, so this ticket would not be for any one date in the series.

There are other methods of grouping events (such as categories), but there is no way to force users to purchase events from multiple categories at once. You could also look into some third-party extensions for grouping products, which generally work well with tickets – you would need to test these out though to make sure that you can get everything working the way you need.

If you require users to be logged in to purchase tickets, then they will be able to go back to their tickets later on your site. However, they will not be able to cancel them/get a refund themselves. You do have the ability to cancel/refund orders as an admin, so you could do this for them. This article has some more info on how this works. Regarding retaining a portion of the fee, how this works depends on the ecommerce platform that you choose (WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads), but both do allow partial refunds.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to take Event Tickets Plus and/or Events Calendar Pro for a test run, feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Re. Event Calendar Pro. Can I group multiple events into a single booking/sale?I’ is closed to new replies.