RE: Depth and possibilities within Google Analytics (To Cliff)

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions RE: Depth and possibilities within Google Analytics (To Cliff)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brecht

Hi this a response to a previous message send by Cliff (Wasn’t able to email due to the noreply adress)

Here are my questions concerning the previous message sent by Cliff (previous message you can view below)
    1) So if someone makes a purchase it’s trackable within GA if Goals are set-up off course within GA? And this for each specific event?

2) Your event plugin is then fully integratable within WordPress? Meaning no linking to a third party platfom?

3) Is it possible to direct to a thank you page if someone makes a purchase within your of woo-commerce’s plugin?

4) I haven’t read anything about the use of your plugin and the ecommerce report within GA. Does your plugin provide data concerning the ecommerce report in GA?
    4.1) If yes, how is it set-up?
    4.2) Is it customizable? Meaning can you guys make this happen for us?

5) If all is set-up are we then able to see from which source and medium successful purchasers are coming from WITHOUT SETTING UTM PARAMETERS?

6) Is there a way to setup a quick call?

Thanks.

—————————– Previous email——————————-

Brecht
    November 8, 2017| Permalink
    Hi,

We are planning on migrating from picatic to events ticket plus.

Our biggest concern is the possiblity to link with Google Analytics and the depth of the data viewable within GA.

So here are my questions:
    1) Is it possible to link Event ticket plus with GA?
    2) If yes, is it possible to see wether someone is coming from Google organic, CPC, Email and so on when a purchase is made? So does event ticket plus provide data on channel level after a successful purchase?
    3) Does Event ticket plus provide data on source/medium level after a successful purchase? So do they provide the right UTM parameters in Google Analytics?

Thanks

Cliff
    November 8, 2017| Permalink
    Hi, Brecht. Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite.

Event Tickets Plus (ET+) is our paid add-on plugin that upgrades the functionality of our free Event Tickets (ET) plugin.

Event Tickets Plus enables you to sell tickets via one of our supported eCommerce platforms. The free plugin only enables free RSVP-type tickets.

You can view our roundup/comparison of all the eCommerce plugins ET+ supports.

Our plugin uses your eCommerce plugin of choice, but your eCommerce plugin isn’t displayed for shopping pages. Please reference our Making Tickets KB article (screenshots are from an install using WooCommerce) for an idea how to create tickets for an event.

Specifically to your question regarding Google Analytics integration:

Site visitors would purchase tickets from each event’s single page/view (e.g. http://wpshindig.com/event/events-tickets-demo/) — if there is an RSVP to submit or ticket to purchase.
    Therefore, any Google Analytics integration would be installed at a site-wide level (such as via https://jetpack.com/features/traffic/google-analytics/) and you’d setup GA to track URLs like “example.com/event/bobs-comedy-routine/” and you could add any action-based GA events via one of the many hooks we offer.
    To be clear, because you run your own site, there are a lot of ways to customize things, whether via UTM or other methods.
    The order confirmation email will include a QR code that can be scanned to “check in” someone at the door at the time of the event. It could be displayed on their mobile device or they could print it like any other email. You can read more at Tickets: Managing your orders and attendees.

You could also Display a List of Attendee’s Events.

If your tickets will be free, you don’t need QR code check-in, and you don’t need to collect additional information other than name and email address, you likely could just use the free/core Event Tickets plugin.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Cliff

Hi, Brecht. Sorry for the delayed reply here. Thanks for the detailed follow-up.

We generally do custom development for enterprise-level projects (i.e. big dollar projects). For the “tweaks/customizations” level, you may want to ask your own developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

To answer #2, yes, everything’s ran off your WordPress site.

The rest of your questions seem like things you could accomplish with custom code if a pre-existing solution (like a compatible WooCommerce extension) isn’t already available.

To answer #6, no, we’re not able to setup email, live chat, phone calls, or video chats. This pre-sales forum is the only place to discuss pre-sales questions (although we sometimes move things to an email thread if partially-sensitive information needs to be shared).

Please let me know if you have any additional follow-up questions on this topic.

Brecht

Hi Cliff,

We feel like going ahead with events calendar and create a dummy to first test it out and see what we need to custom tweak and what not.

What steps should we take setting up a dummy?
    Is a trial version possible?
    Can you send me links to some doc’s?

Thank you

Cliff

I can’t really advise you further on your customizations, but you’d likely be able to do all or most of the testing with the free versions:

We don’t have a trial, but we have a 30 day Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

Please hover over the “Support” menu item at our home page and you’ll be able to get to our Knowledgebase, Extensions, and more.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘RE: Depth and possibilities within Google Analytics (To Cliff)’ is closed to new replies.