Questions about usability

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Questions about usability

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David

Hi, can you please help with some pre-sales questions? I have a potential client who wants very specific specifications and I’m trying to find the best solution for her before I agree to take her on as a client.

She owns a non-profit organization that allows special access and discounted tickets to handicapped children wishing to attend baseball games. So some of the events are single, some are recurring. She wants it to be work easily and be “dummy-proof on mobile. She wants to be able to take registration for groups of people, so she could register a group of 2-3 kids or 100 at one single event, get their t-shirt size information, supply download links to forms, allow people registering to submit upload documentation, issue receipts, get location, and so on. And she wants a CRM back-end so she can export data through Excel to see who registered, who attended, who paid, asked for t-shirts, their organization, and other information.

Can you please let me know if that might be realistic for this calendar?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your interest in our plugins. I can help you with your questions. I will go sentence by sentence.

that allows special access and discounted tickets to handicapped children wishing to attend baseball games.

Our free Event Tickets plugin can help you get started with selling whatever tickets you want.

some of the events are single, some are recurring

To be able to set up recurring events you will need Events Calendar PRO.

Please do note though that “recurring tickets” are not yet supported with any of our plugins.

If you create a ticket for a recurring event, then:

• that ticket will be visible and available for purchase on every event recurrence
    • if you have a limited stock / capacity, that will be valid for the entire series of events. E.g. you have 3 events in the series, you set up a ticket with a stock of 20. That ticket will be visible on all 3 events. If a user buys a ticket then the stock goes down to 19, and that will be the stock for all 3 events.

Let me know if this needs further explanation.

She wants to be able to take registration for groups of people, so she could register a group of 2-3 kids or 100 at one single event, get their t-shirt size information

That should be possible. With Event Tickets Plus you can set up any number of fields to collect extra information from the purchaser. Note though, that if you buy 100 tickets, then you will need to select the t-shirt size 100 times.

You can check this functionality on our demo site with the “VIP ticket” here:

supply download links to forms

Not quite sure how you imagine that. Could you give me some more details?

allow people registering to submit upload documentation, issue receipts, get location, and so on

These functionalities are already beyond the scope of our plugins, so you will need to look for some other solutions for this part.

And she wants a CRM back-end so she can export data through Excel to see who registered, who attended, who paid, asked for t-shirts, their organization, and other information

CRM back-end we cannot provide, but we do have the functionality to export the attendee list of an event as a CSV file, which can be opened in Excel easily. By default not all information is included with the export, only the basics, but we do have some snippets already that will help you add more data. (For this I would also recommend using WooCommerce in connection with our ticketing plugins.)

She owns a non-profit organization

We do have a non-profit program. You can check out the details here.

I hope this answers your questions. Let me know if you have more or if something needs clarification.

Also, while we do not offer free trials, we do have a 30-day no-questions-asked money-back policy, so you can test drive our plugins without risk for 30 days.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Questions about usability’ is closed to new replies.