Question about selling tickets based on calendar event date

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Question about selling tickets based on calendar event date

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gregg Tomlinson

Hi there – I have a client that is a trainer for developing hockey players, and has a website we built with a calendar showing his available training sessions. Best to have a reference to look at, so here’s the calendar page on his site: http://www.hockeybiomechanics.com/calendar/

Anyway, he wants us to build a new calendar for him that allows for purchasing tickets to these training sessions: but only a limited amount of tickets.

So for example he could put in a training session for Monday, March 30th from 11am-1pm, and he would be able to have ten tickets available at $20.00 for this session. Then Monday from 4pm-6pm, he could have another session for $10, and have twenty tickets available for this session.

Is there something in your arsenal that will support this type of functionality? Possibly paired with Woo Commerce would be great. Please let me know – this existing site is NOT built on a Woo theme, but I’m sure that we can get WooCommerce working within it somehow 🙂

Thank you so much for your time, and I’m looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

Geoff

Hi there, Gregg! Thanks for getting in touch–I’m stoked you’re giving the plugins a look for your project. 🙂

We do indeed have a ticketing plugin that integrates The Events Calendar with WooCommerce called WooCommerce Tickets. This will allow you to create tickets directly in the Events editor. From there, they will be registered as Products in WooCommerce. You can set the Start and End dates for when tickets go on sale and, when they’re on sale, will be displayed directly on the single event page, where the transaction gets handled through WooCommerce. It’s pretty slick.

I do want to point out that one thing WooCommerce Tickets cannot do at the moment is make appointments. So, for example, if you are looking for a solution that sells tickets for a particular timeslot, you will either need to create separate events for each appointment or look for another solution. Just wanted to put that out there.

And, finally, yes…you can set the ticket quantity as well. 🙂

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. You may also be interested in viewing the New User Primer for the plugin to get an idea of how it works.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi there, Gregg! Thanks for marking the answer here–I hope the plugins are a good fit for you and I’m glad this help helped answer your questions. Feel free to reach back out of any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Question about selling tickets based on calendar event date’ is closed to new replies.