Question about product

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Question about product

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea

I wrote to you guys before the Holiday and never received any answers. Please see my questions below in CAPS

WHICH PRODUCT DO WE BUY THE EVENT CALENDAR OR THE EVENT AGGREGATOR? HOW DO WE GO ABOUT GETTING THE ONE WE NEED?

Event Aggregator requires The Events Calendar to run, but this is free and can be downloaded directly in your site under Plugins > Add New, or you can also download it here. You can purchase a license for Event Aggregator here, after which you will be issued a license key that you can enter into your site to begin using the service (no plugins to download here!).

WE HAVE THE OPTION TO MAKE OUR CALENDAR PRIVATE IN OUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS? HOW DO I FIND THE ARTICLE THAT IS STATED TO SEE?

There is not a setting to make the calendar private – this would require a customization. We do have users asking about this from time to time, so we have some suggestions here on how you could go about doing this.

SO THESE ARE IMPORTS BY DAY ONLY? WHAT ABOUT THE NUMBER OF SITES IT PULLS FROM WHICH LICENSES go HAND AND HAND. EX WE WOULD ONLY NEED 200 IMPORTS PER DAY HOWEVER WE WOULD NEED IT TO CHECK 200 PLUS SITES? SO WHICH PACKAGE WOULD DO THAT?

WHEN YOU SAY IT DOES NOT AUTO IMPORT BUT YOU CAN SCHEDULE IMPORTS TO IMPORTS CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN MORE IN-DEPTH?

You can schedule imports to run daily or more often – you can see the available options in this screenshot. If you need 200 scheduled imports per day, then you would need the Community license for Event Aggregator ($149). This would mean that you could schedule imports to come in up to 200 times in one day, regardless of how many sites they are coming from – but, you would need a separate import for each source. For example, you could not schedule one import from “Facebook” and select multiple pages on Facebook to import from at once, you would need to schedule each page as its own import. If you plan to schedule imports from 200+ sites multiple times per day, I would recommend going with the Event Hub license instead, which gives you up to 1000 scheduled imports per day.

This article covers the limits in-depth, so I would definitely recommend taking a look!

By not “auto-importing”, I mean that each time a change is made on the original site (like Facebook), this will not trigger an automatic update of the event on your site. However, when your scheduled import runs, the change will be made on your site.

FOR US TO IMPORT THESE EVENTS MANUAL IS IT JUST USING THE EVENTS URL?

To manually import events, yes you will need to enter the URL that you want to import from. This article has some in-depth instructions on importing from a URL.

SO IF WE ARE ONLY LOOKING FOR EVENT BETWEEN 1/2/18-1/17/18 WE CAN SET THAT TO PULL FROM THE 200 SITES (FACEBOOK EVENT PAGES)? WHEN YOU SAY NUMBER OF EVENTS WHAT DO YOU MEAN? ALSO, CUSTOMZIE CAN WE HAVE IT PULL ONLY CERTAIN EVENTS SUCH AS PROTESTS ONLY? CAN WE ADD TERMS THAT WE WANT IT TO PULL? (SUCH AS ANTI, DEMONSTRATE, PROTEST, ETC?)

In the settings for Event Aggregator, you can select the type of limit that you would like to place on the imports (see screenshot) – date range (from the current day), number of events, or unlimited. This article goes over each of the options in detail. However, this setting applies to all imports – it is not a per-import setting.

There are some filtering options when importing from iCalendar and Google calendars. For other sources, you can preview the events, which gives you the chance to select certain ones.

DOES IT PULL FROM OTHER SITES OTHER THAN FACEBOOK? AS LONG AS WE HAVE TO URL?

Courtney

Hi Chelsea

Glad to see we’ve answered most of your questions. Let’s get that last one cleared up.

DOES IT PULL FROM OTHER SITES OTHER THAN FACEBOOK? AS LONG AS WE HAVE TO URL?

Yes. You can see the full list of options on Event Aggregator https://theeventscalendar.com/product/event-aggregator/. We can import from Google Calendar, iCal, .ics links, Meetup, FB pages, and sites running The Events Calendar 4.5 and newer.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Question about product’ is closed to new replies.