QR Code Scanner

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets QR Code Scanner

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Nico

Thanks for the follow up Chris!

To change the URLs to pages you created can be done the following way:

// let's assume the page slug is 'success-page'
    $url_success = get_permalink( get_page_by_path( 'success-page' ) );
    // let's assume the page slug is 'fail-page'
    $url_fail = get_permalink( get_page_by_path( 'fail-page' ) );

Should I link the URL’s to pages that are predetermined by the Events Calendar plugin?

No, that’s not necessary.

I’ll be submitting a change in the code next maintenance release (coming out next week), that will definitively make this customization lot easier to implement. If you can wait for a bit I’ll keep you posted when this is out!

Best,
    Nico

Dirk
    Participant

Hi Nico,

Thanks for that! Inserting the a URL the way we did it didn’t work at all… 😛

Looking forward to an easier way to implement it. We’ll run some more simulations on our testwebsite but might wait to go live with it until the future update.

Cheers,
    Dirk

Chris
    Participant

Thank you so much Nico! You have been awesome to work with through this process!

Nico

Thanks for the update folks! It’s great to work on this with you as well.

Hopefully when the new filters get released later this week, this will be lot easier. And if for some reason this still doesn’t work for you I’ll continue to help 🙂

Cheers,
    Nico

George
    Participant

Hey there,

We published a Maintenance Release today that includes a number of fixes and some new filters like Nico mentioned.

Check out our release notes for it here to learn more → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-29th-may-2017/

Cheers,
    George

Nico

Hi there,

Good news! As George informed, the MR is finally here. Now the customization we’ve been working in should be as simple as updating the plugins and pasting the following code in the active theme (or child theme) functions file (or the preferred method):

add_filter( 'tribe_tickets_plus_qr_handle_redirects', 'tribe_modify_qr_redirects', 10, 4 );

function tribe_modify_qr_redirects ( $url, $event_id, $ticket_id, $user_had_access ) {

// check if the checking was allowed
    if ( $user_had_access ) {
    $url = home_url ('yes');
    } else {
    $url = home_url ('no');
    }

return $url;
    }

You’ll need to replace yes and no for the pages slug in your site.

Please let me know if this works for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Dirk
    Participant

Hi Nico,

It’s definitely progress! Only with two major concerns:

1. Other users with the same user rights level also get the ‘succes’ page. So owners of different events could check-in guests for events they are not the owner of.

2. Scanning the QR-code consecutive times results continuous ‘succes’ page. This means you can enter the event multipel times with the same ticket.

Any ideas for this?

Thank you for your continuous support on this feature, it might end up useful after all! 🙂

Cheers,
    Dirk

Chris
    Participant

I agree Dirk. This is great progress thanks to the Events Calendar team. I am having the same concerns with having multiple successes after scanning and anyone being able to approve the event. I looked and it shows, in the attendees list, that the tickets I scanned were checked in but did not show “failure” when scanned again. It’s still a great step forward from anyone being able to see all events information.

Nico

Thanks for the feedback folks! It’s indeed valid and it’s def related to this improvement being just a small part of re-thinking this functionality for Community Tickets users.

1. Other users with the same user rights level also get the ‘succes’ page. So owners of different events could check-in guests for events they are not the owner of.

This is partially true, it’s just working as it did before. The checkin process check if the current user is logged in and can edit posts, if that’s true then it tries to do check-in the ticket.

2. Scanning the QR-code consecutive times results continuous ‘succes’ page. This means you can enter the event multipel times with the same ticket.

Basically landing in the ‘success’ page means the user had the rights to check in users, and doesn’t inform about the result of the check-in (Was the user checked in already?).

Let me see if I have some time in the upcoming days to extend the snippet to account for this stuff and inform about the result of the check-in.

Best,
    Nico

ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

Hello:
    I am also interested in this option. I have tested the code, including it in my custom “.php” file, but the final page it launches is always the same $ url = home_url (‘yes’); Although the ticket has been previously validated, it never throws $ url = home_url (‘no’);

Although I have “COMMUNITY TICKETS”, I’m testing it with tickets created with “Event Tickets Plus”

Regards,

Chris
    Participant

Thanks for the response Nico! If I’m understanding this:

“Basically landing in the ‘success’ page means the user had the rights to check in users, and doesn’t inform about the result of the check-in (Was the user checked in already?).”

It does mark the ticket as checked in when taking a look at the attendees list, however, it does not recognize a ticket that has already been checked in.

I forgot to add before that I was unable to see the WordPress Dashboard when logged in which was the biggest part of this solution for me. Great job!

I look forward to your further updates with this snippet.

Chris
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • The topic ‘QR Code Scanner’ is closed to new replies.