Qr code checked in

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Qr code checked in

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Piotr
    Participant

Hi,

Could you please advise when “checked in” problem will be solved? Because every time I scan qr code it says that it’s checked in now – with this issue “checking in” feature is useless because plenty of ppl can get in on one ticket.

Piotr

George
    Participant

Hey @Piotr,

I’m sorry to hear about these issues – if there are threads on this forum that are about this same issue, can you share links to these threads? I’m just curious about the specifics of this issue.

Apologies for misunderstanding the explanation you’ve provided! But to clear, do you mean that when you scan the QR code for a ticket, it doesn’t let you check-in the ticket because it says “Already Checked In”? If this is not what you mean, can you elaborate on what you do mean?

Thank you!
    George

Piotr
    Participant

Hi, i meant that it doesnt matter if ticket was checked in before or not because it always show ” the ticked with id.. was checked in”. I can check in the same ticket few times and always getvthe same info. I think this guy has same problem https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/qr-code-notice-the-ticket-id-xxx-was-checked-in/

Leah

Hi Piotr,

Thank you for clarifying. I see in the other thread that we have this bug tracked in our internal system, and will be looking into getting it fixed in an upcoming version. We will update you here as we make progress. Thank you for your patience!

Best,
    Leah

Motorco
    Participant

I posted about this over 6mos ago. It’s a very simple bug in the checkin function. It just needs a conditional at the top to see if the attendee was already checked in and then return false. I then modified the attendees page to throw up an alert in that case.

George
    Participant

Hey @Motorco,

I’m really sorry about the delayed process in releasing a fix for this. I would argue that the fix was not as simple as you imply, because we were actually working on a long-term, huge release that eventually became The Events Calendar 4.0 (released last month).

If you know about this huge 4.0 release, one of the “huge” things about it was that we split the ticketing functionality into a whole new plugin completely, “Event Tickets”. In the process of trying to build that plugin, lots of things took a lower priority in terms of development time and I’m sorry to admit that fixing this bug seems to have been one of those things.

Just to be clear, my aim here isn’t to be snarky in any way – I just wanted to elaborate on why it took so long to get this bug more squarely on our radar. I appreciate your patience with both this bug in general, and with our delayed responses over the holidays.

Stay tuned to plugin updates!

Happy New Year,
    George

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I created a work around for the QR codes always checking in.

Here is a link to the instructions & code on how to add it:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/qr-code-scanned/#dl_post-1064532

Thanks

George
    Participant

Awesome, thank you you so much @Brian. I would recommend trying out this solution, @Motorco and @Piotr!

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We weren’t able to get a fix for it into our upcoming release (4.1). However, please know that the problem is still on our radar and is ticketed within our system to be addressed in a future maintenance release. We’ll do our best to keep you posted when we are able to get a solution in place. Thank you for your patience while we improve and expand our plugins.

Best,
    Leah

Geoff

Hey @Piotr,

Just wanted to follow up and let you know that we released version 4.1.1 last night and it included a fix for this issue. Please update to the latest version if you haven’t already and do let us know if you continue to see any issues from there. 🙂

Cheers and thanks for your patience while we worked on this!

Geoff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Qr code checked in’ is closed to new replies.