QR Code scanned multiple times??

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events QR Code scanned multiple times??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

Hello, I just purchased Event Ticket Plus. The main point of the purchase was to use unique QR Codes, such that attendees can only scan it once to check-in and then I was assuming the QR code won’t work again (otherwise multiple clients could enter with the same QR code, thus avoiding to pay…). But it does!? One can scan the same QR code several times…

Am I doing something wrong? I can’t find any settings to be able to have a unique check in per QR code.

I was also wondering if there could be an option to automatically “Complete” ticket sales, without requiring a manual approval, as this step sounds very irrelevant for me and just adds unnecessary workload. I couldn’t find anything neither.

Please let me know!

Thanks

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Eric.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Eric.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Brian.
    Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help out here.

There is a bug/missing feature in the system that allows multiple check ins on the QR code.

I came up with this as a workaround:

Replace the contents of this file:

plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/QR.php

With this:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/6f5bc1f7d2e7fa8df6c7

The limitations I see is if you have some kind of server php caching it might continue to register as not checked in for 30 seconds or so for a person.

I found in my Scan app it works every time and if two different people checkin it should always work for them.

Autocomplete
    Try out this plugin to auto complete orders:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-autocomplete-order/

Let me know how this works out.

Thanks

Eric
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your answer!

The auto-complete seems to work well that’s great, thanks!

However, I tried the workaround for the QR code and it still seems that I can check-in multiple times with the same QR, I just made some tests waiting a couple of minutes… Any idea?

Brian
    Keymaster

If you try another QR code and then get back to the original does it work then?

What are you using to scan the qr code?

Can you outline all the steps you are taking?

Thanks

Eric
    Participant

We are using QR code scan (red logo) for 1.99€ on an iPhone 6.

Steps: download the app, login on the phone with an author account. Buy ticket, scan qr code (the ticket with id 123 was successfully checked in), same thing with multiple scans. I think we also tried scanning other tickets and scanning an old ones and same result.

I checked a bit the code I can see the “if condition” with the message that should be displayed if it’s already checked in but we never saw that, and really tried many times and possibilities. I suspect there’s something wrong with how “success” is defined or in this “if”? But I don’t know anything about php…

Brian
    Keymaster

The logic is fine, it does not like to change the success or fail GET variable sent by the url. Not sure why that is the case.

I tried a different method and changed the script above. Please try that instead.

Thanks

Darion Teoh
    Participant

Hi Brian,

I’m having the same issue with the QR code as well, by changing the QR.php code does it mean that we have to update the file every time we upgrade of the plugin?

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Darion,

Yes if you update the plugin you would have to add back the coding until the feature becomes part of the plugin.

Dirk
    Participant

Hi guys,

Today I suddenly received an e-mail tag about this subject. Is it working completely?

Cheers,
    Dirk

Brian
    Keymaster

It worked for me in my testing.

There maybe unknown issues with it, but I found it to be reliable and so has a couple other customers.

Rob
    Participant

Is this workaround eventually going to be integrated into a master release?

Brian
    Keymaster

Yes, but I do not have a timeline for it.

This is a way to have it now or you can wait.

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

Thanks Brian, that works GREAT!!!

Brian
    Keymaster

Great glad it helps.

Dirk
    Participant

Hi,

Does this also make it work on the frontend so it is actually useful for community tickets? Or is that something for future release?

Cheers,

Dirk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘QR Code scanned multiple times??’ is closed to new replies.