Purchasing tickets area does not show up

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Purchasing tickets area does not show up

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Grant
    Participant

Hello,

We have previously used the event calendar to great success. However currently we are experiencing issues regarding the purchase of tickets using the woocommerce tickets add on.

The integration with the events calendar does not display a button to purchase / book the event. I have had a look to see if we could find out what’s going on – the documentation for the events calendar says that it should be displayed in the meta information, however, only a Google map and some other links are there. If you could please help with why the button is not showing on any of our event pages I would be most grateful.

The event calendar, woocommerce, and wootickets are installed, up to date and enabled, and yet the ticket purchase area does not show up anywhere on any theme.

To view the site you will need to edit your hosts file, I have included this information along with the information you initially requested below, Thank you again.

Host Information

IP address : 46.105.14.234
    hostname: crewtec.com

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins and I can help you troubleshoot this.

Please go to a single event that you have created a ticket and verify that the information is in there and that Start and End Sale Date is valid so that the tickets will show today.

The Ticket area only shows on single events when there is a ticket that can be purchased or for a ticket that is still on sale, but sold out.

Let me know about this and we can go from here.

Thanks

Grant
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Thank you for looking into this.

We have already done this, and are using the plugin successfully on another site.

We contacted the developer of the theme before I bothered you guys, he asked for ftp access and he was still unable to diagnose the problem either.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there something else we can try?

Thanks in advance. Grant.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ok thanks for the information. Please follow our Testing For Conflicts Guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

That can help narrow down the issue, let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Thanks

Grant
    Participant

Thank you

After I found your “testing for conflicts guide” (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/) I was still unable to resolve the issue. We have tried many of the noted steps before contacting yourselves. And further prodding has yielded no results.

On any theme, with all plugins disabled apart from the obvious ones required for testing, we are still having the same issue.

We are running out of things to try – It just worked straight out of the box on our other site.

Grant.

Brian
    Keymaster

How strange.

Have you tried setting up WordPress Debug to see if we can get more information.

Please follow the steps in the WordPress Debug Codex in the Example wp-config.php for Debugging section:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Please place that coding and load events with tickets in them and then check the error log and see if there are any errors.

Query Monitor
    Another thing to try is to load the Query Monitor Plugin and go to the backend and visit the events with tickets and visit them on the front end and see if that picks up any errors during the saving process.

Query Monitor

Products
    If you create a test Product in WooCommerce does that work and show on site?

Let me know.

Thanks

Grant
    Participant

Hi again,

I have re-installed woocommerce, created a test product outside of the wootickets listed – the product shows up fine with the ability to purchase.

The tickets still do not show up with any purchasing options.

query monitor was helpful – but for other reasons as was debug mode.

Both are now showing no errors and I have been unable to ascertain the reason as to why wootickets fails to display the purchasing information.

Sorry for the delayed reply – we wanted to make sure that we were not missing anything basic.

Thanks again.
    Grant.

Brian
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Grant
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok I was able to get down to the issue, but not sure of the cause.

The issue is for that event with Tickets that for some reason it has a post_parent id, which was this one: How to Properly Use Spices (id 1926)

So when the function to find tickets looks it went to the Parent ID and that is why it did not display. As the parent does not have tickets.

It could be coming from your theme or a plugin doing this. I am not sure.

I was able to have Twenty Twelve Active, WooCommerce and the Events Plugins and I created an Event and Tickets and it showed correctly. The Event did not have a post_parent id.

I would recommend following our testing for conflicts guide and start with the base that I used and if that works on a new event keeping adding plugins and your theme to see if it will break.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

The existing event that you have with tickets will not work as it has a post_parent and should be deleted and a new event created.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Purchasing tickets area does not show up’ is closed to new replies.