Publish / Update on Event "Edit" page never completes

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Publish / Update on Event "Edit" page never completes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    toddrimes

Hello:
    I just installed Events, Events PRO, and Community Events. Testing anonymous event submit worked so far as putting the event in the draft events queue. But when I try to Publlish the event, the spinner shows up to the left of the Publish button, but the form never “returns” or completes.

I can go back to the list of events and Quick Edit to publish and it works. But if I then go to the full edit page for the same event, the Update button has the same result: spinner with no end or return.

This won’t be THAT much of a problem if I NEVER need to edit user submitted events. But eventually I will need to do just that.

Installed plug-ins
    All in One SEO Pack Version 1.6.14.5
    Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin (AWPCP) Version 2.0.6
    Category Order Version 1.0.3
    Exclude Pages from Navigation Version 1.92
    EZPZ One Click Backup Version 12.03.10
    Facebook Comments by Fat Panda Version 1.0.6
    FeedBurner FeedSmith Extend Version 1.0.0
    Google XML Sitemaps Version 4.0beta10
    Lightbox Plus Version 2.4.6
    Parameter Version 1.0
    Simple Ads Manager Version 1.6.54
    The Events Calendar Version 2.0.7
    The Events Calendar: Community Events Version 1.0.1.1
    The Events Calendar PRO Version 2.0.7
    WP eStore Version v6.7.9
    WP Simple Paypal Shopping cart Version v3.3.0
    WPtouch Version 1.9.41

Thank you,
    ~Todd

Joyce Grace

Hello Todd!

Thanks for posting here and reaching out.

To get us started, can you help me by trying all of the following steps to ensure we’ve ruled out the most common causes for problems like this? This will help us a lot in figuring out why this happens for you.

1. Are you running the latest version of WordPress?
    2. Are you running the latest versions of our plugins (2.0.7)?
    3. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to rule out a conflict?
    4. Have you tried reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme to see if it’s something with your theme?
    5. Try setting your permalinks to ‘postname’ in Settings > Permalinks?
    6. Try refreshing your permalinks by visiting Settings > Permalinks (it does it automatically)?
    7. Try increasing the PHP memory for your website: http://www.dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/?

In the mean time I will also try to see if there are other posts about this by other users and if a solution was ever found.

Thanks!

Joyce Grace

Hi Todd, I found this forum post and it might be the same issue that you are having. Could you have a look and see if any of the posed solutions work for you? If this is the same thing that is happening to you please also let me know.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recuring-events-not-updating/#post-18207

Joyce Grace

Hi again Todd, I forgot to mention, please try all the steps I outlined in the first response to your post before moving on to the forum post that I directed you to. The reason being that the forum post I linked to was started a while ago and we’ve made updates since then that might make the posed solutions irrelevant to you.

Also, we will be releasing a new version of our plugin soon, perhaps with the week or so. It will be good to try to update when it comes out to see if your problem gets solved.

toddrimes

Joyce:

Thank you for all your suggestions. Before I got around to trying them all, I realized that it was only the VERY first event (when it was the ONLY event) that was having the issue. All subsequent events worked fine — *as I recall. I later updated to 2.0.8 core, started over with no events, and the problem did not recur. So, case closed!

Joyce Grace

That is great to hear, thanks for letting us know!

Anchor Marketing
    Participant

I believe I’ve figured out the problem for this thread (at least for me).
    I am using Gravity Forms for a front-end user to be able to submit events. Under “Recurrence” my no option read “No, does not repeat”. But the back end was looking for “None” and it added in a recurrence date of the day it was submitted. This is what threw the no-publish/update problem. Check your recurrence to see that it says “None” and has no other fields to the right of it or, if it does repeat, check the “recur until” date to make sure it makes in respect to the date(s) of the event(s).

Rob

Thanks for the follow-up, Jasper! It looks like Todd got this figured out in some capacity but this will be helpful for anyone else who encounters this issue down the road. Let us know if either of you folks have any other questions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Publish / Update on Event "Edit" page never completes’ is closed to new replies.