Problems filtering Events with the "date" Filter

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problems filtering Events with the "date" Filter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Christian Spanik
    Participant

Hi,
    I can´t filter Events after dates (Installation = german language). It works with textbased fields like places or something like that, but it does not work if I want to use “Date” as a filter argument. It simply ignores it. (see screenshot, with a filter starting with 1.January 2018 and still showing all events from 2017).
    Am I doing something wrong? What can I do to fix it. Because it is very important for example to say: show me all events in March 2018.
    Any guesses? Solutions?
    thx
    ChriS

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Chris!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Let me help you troubleshoot that issue.

I could not reproduce this issue in my own local installation

This can be related to a theme or plugin conflict, so to narrow the problem down please go through the steps provided in the testing for conflicts guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know what you find in the process.

I do notice you are using the Yoast SEO plugin, which we had a few conflicts in the past between this and our Advance Post Manager plugin. So, I’d suggest you first start by deactivating Yoast and see if any difference.

If no difference, then proceed with the testing for conflicts steps.

Let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Christian Spanik
    Participant

Hi Folks,
    concerning this problem:
    Due to the holidays i missed your answers and the chance to answer by myself: after testing the way you described it to me It seems to be the conflict with YOAST SEO. As soon as Yoast is deactivated the sorting works also (in the backend) with dates.
    However: Yoast is a important plug in for as on several sites. So: is there any workarround or bugfix coming up?
    It is not a great way of working if you want to check something with dates on EventCalender that you have to deactivate YOAST before and then – after checking – activate it again…
    Looking forward to your answer and thx for your input about the conflict with yoast.
    Christian

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Christian!

Thanks for following up with this and confirming it is indeed a conflict with Yoast.

I can see you are using an older version of Yoast plugin. Could you please try updating to the latest version and see if any difference?

We always suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugins, theme and WordPress core updates without disrupting the live site.

Please let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems filtering Events with the "date" Filter’ is closed to new replies.