Problem with Event Tickets: Shortcode

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Problem with Event Tickets: Shortcode

• This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 1 month ago by Edouard Metulescu.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Edouard Metulescu
    Participant

The Event Tickets: Shortcode Plug-in is currently causing problems to admins trying to edit a post where tickets are being sold. The problem can be avoided by activating / deactivating the plug-in as needed but this solution is not exactly acceptable long term.

The plug-in gives back a blank page with only the number of tickets one has instead of giving access to the post edit page.

I am using the latest DIVI theme.

Best regards,

Edouard

Cliff

Hi, Edouard.

Could you please link me to the source of the Event Tickets: Shortcode Plug-in?

Edouard Metulescu
    Participant

I installed it last year and found it on your website. I reckon one of your dev made it. I have attached it to this answer

Edouard Metulescu
    Participant

Any feedback on this issue ?

Edouard Metulescu
    Participant

I still require assistance with this problem or an alternative solution

Cliff

Sorry for the delayed response, Edouard.

I asked around internally and we can’t remember who wrote this snippet.

First off, please know that such snippets we may provide are outside our normal Scope of Support / Terms, and, therefore, aren’t guaranteed to be kept up-to-date as our products evolve. This one was written a year and a half ago. Our Event Tickets and its Plus add-on have undergone significant changes since then, but it looks like this snippet may not need major tweaking to get it working.

Please explain exactly what you meant by “currently causing problems to admins trying to edit a post where tickets are being sold” so I can try to replicate and possibly fix this one for you.

Edouard Metulescu
    Participant

Thank you for the help,

If the shortcode plug-in is active, whenerer you try to edit a post with tickets, you get a blank screen or, if you have a ticket, you get the “You have X ticket for this event” message on an otherwise completely blank page.

You can work around this issue by deactivating the plug-in, doing your changes and reactivating it right after but it is quite time consuming and confusing for our webmasters-in-training.

Cliff

Thanks for the details. We’re not able to update it for you at this time, but I did find it was already on our backlog of eventual to-do’s.

To help you for right now I’d suggest the following to get an idea where the problem area might be:

Please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue.

Edouard Metulescu
    Participant

Getting this error now.

Error thrown
    Call to a member function get_cart_url() on null

Is there any alternative solution to using this plug-in but still being able to use a shortcode for the plug-in ?

Cliff

Hi. So sorry my long outage wasn’t covered by another team member. Please let me know the current status of this issue so I can best help going forward. Are you still experiencing this on the latest versions of all our plugins?

Thank you.

Edouard Metulescu
    Participant

Everything has been updated today but when trying to edit the post containing the tickets, I still get

Error thrown
    Call to a member function get_cart_url() on null

Cliff

I don’t see “get_cart_url” in the .zip you shared.

get_cart_url() was deprecated since WooCommerce version 2.5 and wc_get_cart_url() should be used instead.

Please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue.

The debug report should tell you the file and line number that is throwing the error. Please let me know what you find out.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with Event Tickets: Shortcode’ is closed to new replies.