Problem on search result page (List View) with pagination.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problem on search result page (List View) with pagination.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Amanda Richter
    Participant

Hello,
    when you search ‘Christmas’ on our What’s on page it shows results for November at start. When you click Next Events (next page) at the bottom, it shows events until meet page where next month events are (december) and shows the same november events over and over again from start. tribe_paged=1 increases in address bar to infinity and changing nothing. But, when you hit enter on that url in the browser address bar or paste it with tribe_paged=2 directly, it show everything as it should be – december events after november paged correctly.

Please use search for ‘christmas’ on our page to test the problem.

Link to search Christmas

Please help us.
    When visitors search events, they can’t see upcoming christmas events in December.

Thank You

Hi Amanda,

Welcome and thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear that you are having this issue on your site.  As a first step, would you please update your Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO plugins to their most recent versions and re-test if the issue still occurs?

If that doesn’t fix your issue, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Amanda Richter
    Participant

Hello again,
    We did all the tests and it’s looks like a bug in The Even Calendar plugin.

We did a test:
    Installed clean wordprees instance on another server and The Event Calendar Plugin only. Created 4 events and set to view 2 on page. We work with the list view.
    So we have events:
    Test 1
    Test 2
    Test 3
    Test 4
    Next Events button works on list ok, but when you search keyword ‘test’ it shows Test 1 and Test 2 but Next Events button do not showing next events if in search mode! It’s looping. This is so frustrating for visitors on our live website as they can’t search events more then one page.

Istallation is fresh and clean (only wordpress and the event calendar plugin – latest versions)

Please test it: http://jadrek.com/event-test/events/list/

For the test we didn’t install pro, only basic plugin.

Problem is urgent on our live site, please help with this issue.

Regards

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for providing me with such thorough results of your testing.  I wish I had better news, but it seems that this is related to a known bug that we are currently working on.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.  I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.  They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.  The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks,

Jaime

Amanda Richter
    Participant

Hi Jamie

Thank you very much for your email. My developer has worked tirelessly on this issue.

It is indeed an enormous inconvenience, and every time this bug appears on my website What’s On, it directly affects my business’ reputation negatively. I am surprised that this functionality is faulty, given its importance to all events calendars, and even more surprised as it is an add on that I have paid for.

Please can you advise your development team’s forecasted resolution date for this ‘glitch’ – I need to protect my business reputation within our local community and am not at all happy that it is being negatively affected by this. I may need to consider removing your product from my website if this will be an ongoing issue.

Regards

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I can completely understand your frustration with the situation.  Unfortunately I cannot provide an exact timeline for this fix at this time.

Thank you for your patience in this matter and please let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Amanda!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem on search result page (List View) with pagination.’ is closed to new replies.