pro + tickets

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions pro + tickets

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Saalwaechter

I have a couple of sites that need to sell tickets, and also have organizer CPT. Does this mean I need to purchase both pro versions?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

Organizers are a feature that is included with the free version (The Events Calendar), and Event Tickets Plus will let you sell tickets. Events Calendar Pro has some cool features like additional views (photo, map, and week), but it is not required for organizers or selling tickets.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to take Event Tickets Plus (or Events Calendar Pro) for a test run, feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Mike Saalwaechter

ok a different question…
    Is it possible to have a search feature for EDITORS only for the attendees/organizers?
    also is it possible to change organizers to exhibitors?
    what scanners/printers are required?
    are the barcodes encrypted, so you can not use a cell phone scanner?
    the client currently sells scanners to collect info at the expo…

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

There is not a default way to search for attendees by name, but you can view all an event (see this article for more details). We also have a free extension called Advanced Post Manager, which will provide some additional filtering on the admin side.

To change the “Organizers” label, we have a free extension that you can download.

Event Tickets Plus comes with QR code functionality, which require a QR code app to scan them. This article has some more details on how the QR codes work by default. If you would like to remove the QR codes and go with a different barcode-scanner system, you would need to do a customization (our themer’s guide has some good info on customizing our plugins). Your best bet here may be to test it out to see if you can get it working with the scanners that you’re currently using.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Mike Saalwaechter

ok, that answered a lot of questions…
    My client currently has his exhibitors rent scanners from him (could be an app, but currently handheld), and use those scanners to collect attendees info when they visit their booth.

If I set up a contributor user (exhibitor), can that user login (after the show) and see who “they” checked in or will it be the whole list? What about downloading/uploading a CSV for the scanners?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Unfortunately there is not currently a way for each individual person checking people in to see who they themselves checked in, but a list of attendees indicating which were checked in and which were not will still be available after the event.

You can export a list of attendees as a CSV file. 🙂

Mike Saalwaechter

ok so I need to incorporate a new barcode for the attendee info on the ticket so the exhibitors can scan and collect?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

The existing QR code is meant to work with QR code scanning apps…so out of the box, you can use most of the available apps meant for scanning QR codes to check in users. Once scanned, it will redirect to the device’s browser, where a user with privileges to check in users will need to be logged in.

Without knowing anything about the current scanning system that he is using, I can’t say for sure whether or not the existing QR code will work with his particular system. If it is capable of scanning QR codes and redirecting to the browser, then it should work with the QR codes, but you would really need to test it out to make sure.

You mentioned previously that your client currently rents his own scanners and that he did not want users to be able to check in attendees with their phones…If you wanted to use a different type of barcode (instead of the existing QR code), then that is when you would need to do a customization.

I hope that helps clarify things, but please let me know if you have any more questions!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘pro + tickets’ is closed to new replies.