Private (password protected) events details not visible in mobile view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Private (password protected) events details not visible in mobile view

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Elaine DeCunha
    Participant

This site referenced uses a combination of The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar Pro, Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus and WooCommerce. Calendar month (grid) view on large screens is fine. In mobile mode, events are displayed below the calendar grid by clicking the disc icon. This works as expected unless an event is Private (password protected). If there is only a single Private event on a given date, clicking the disc icon does nothing (the associated description, link and image are not displayed below the calendar). If there are 2 or more events listed on a single date, events happening earlier than a Private event display properly. Public events happening after the Private event (at a later time, on the same date) are not displayed.

Using the link above events on Feb 7 and 23, Mar 4 and Apr 15 show this behavior.

I have done the following to troubleshoot this issue:
    Switched to the Twenty Seventeen theme
    Disabled all plugins except the 5 mentioned above

The problem persisted with Twenty Seventeen activated and plugins disabled.

When I use the Web Developer JavaScript console in Opera and click dates with public events, I don’t see any JS errors. When I click dates that contain private events the following error is returned:
    tribe_tmpl_month_mobile:23 Uncaught TemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of null (on tribe_tmpl_month_mobile line 10),

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Elaine!

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue.

I could replicate the same issue on my end and can confirm this is indeed a bug on our end.

I have created a bug report for this so it can be taken into account for one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report. We will notify you once a bugfix is released.

We apologise for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Elaine!

We just reviewed this bug report and we think the issue is no longer present in our latest versions of our plugins.

Could you please update your plugins to the latest versions available and see if this solves the issue?

Remember you can always get the latests versions of our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

Please let us know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Elaine DeCunha
    Participant

Hello Victor,
    I processed updates as instructed and I see no change whatsoever. All of the issues that were originally reported, including the JavaScript error are still present.
    Please advise, thank you.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Elaine!

Thanks for following up with this.

It seems strange as I could replicate the same before, but we are not able to do so with our latest versions.

Could you please try editing one of those password protected events and click Update? Does it change anything?

How about if you create a new password protected event? Does it show the same issue?

If it does, please share with us a screenshot (in a private reply if you’d like) of the edit event page for one of those password protected events. Make sure the Publish metabox is visible. Also, please share a link with us to one of those newly created events.

We’ll try to match the exact same event data and see if we can reproduce again on our end.

Thanks,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Elaine!

Just one more thing to try:

If none of the above works, please try clearing your site’s transients and see if any difference. You can use a tool like this one to do it > https://wordpress.org/plugins/transients-manager/

We suggest to make a full backup of your site, both database and files so in case something goes wrong you can always restore your site.

Thanks,
    Victor

Elaine DeCunha
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Elaine!

Thanks for making all those tests and for coming back with the screenshots.

It seems the issue only happens for events that have a featured image attached, in addition of being password protected.

I have updated the bug report to reflect this. We will keep you posted about this.

Thanks again for your patience and cooperation so far.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Elaine!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 5 March 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-5-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Elaine DeCunha
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thanks for following up. I processed the updates and tested the front end and the problem has been resolved; information is now showing up below the calendar in mobile view for all events, including private (password protected) events.

Thank you!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Elaine!

Glad to hear it’s now working as expected!

Thanks for letting us know about it.

I’ll close this thread now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Victor

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Private (password protected) events details not visible in mobile view’ is closed to new replies.