Private Events scheduled to publish in the future appear immediately

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Private Events scheduled to publish in the future appear immediately

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    siriusly
    Participant

I have a calendar that incudes events that are both public and private (only visible to logged in users). If I create an event that is private, with a future publishing date (we don’t yet want it visible to anyone except admin), it “publishes” immediately, so it is visible to logged in users of any role (have tested with admin, editor & subscriber roles).

Events that are marked “public” publish properly — only on their scheduled date.

How can I fix this? Thank you!!

Note: the behavior seems to have been the same through a number of updates of WP & ECP.

Hunter

Hi and welcome back 🙂

I see you’re using outdated versions of both the free and PRO versions. Can you please update to the latest versions and run through the Testing for conflicts guide. Let me know if the problem still occurs and we’ll go from there.

Thank you for choosing PRO and have a happy Monday!

siriusly
    Participant

Hi Hunter — Update both EC plugins to current and WordPress to 4.5.2, tested for conflicts, still the same behavior… Ideas? Thanks!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by siriusly.
    Hunter

Welcome back,

We don’t have any logged bug reports and I was unable to reproduce the issue. Can you please confirm you ran through the Testing for conflicts guide after updating to the latest versions?

siriusly
    Participant

Yes, I’ve gone through all of the conflict checking steps.

I can reproduce the issue with Twenty-Fourteen and only Events Calendar and EC Pro plugins running…

1. Create a new event for a future date a few months out
    2. Select a future date on which you would like to publish the event.
    3. Under visibility, select “Private”
    4. Click “Update”
    5. Visit the calendar for the future month and see that the event is already visible to any logged in user, regardless of role.

Hunter

Hello and welcome back,

Thank you for the update. I’ve spent more time testing and my findings are as follows:

Th first screenshot shows the publish rules as recommended by you in steps 2 & 3 while using the Twenty Fourteen theme.

I’ve also attached a screenshot of my Time & Date settings for the test event created:

As you can see, the event does not display when logged in as a contributor.

I admittedly don’t have much experience when using future publish dates and setting the status to private, but our plugin adheres to the Roles and Capabilities rules and seems to be working as designed during my testing. If you need to alter the privileges by role, there are free plugins in the repository that can help you out with that.

I’ll bring this thread to the attention of my fellow support team members, but as for now, I can’t identify a conflict through my own testing and we don’t have any logged bugs of users reporting similar issues. With that said, best of luck resolving the conflict and I apologize I can’t be of more assistance. Have a great upcoming weekend!

siriusly
    Participant

Well, not sure what to say… We are having very different results…

The only difference I can see between the event you created and mine is that yours begins and ends on different days. Mine begins and ends on the same day.

As I mentioned earlier, I tested it with only The Events Calendar, and Events Calendar Pro Running, with the Twenty Fourteen theme active, and still come up with the same result.

I’d really appreciate follow-up communication on the issue. It’s a real problem for my client. Many thanks!

Hunter

Hello,

I did more investigating and created a new test event, this time with the event starts and ends on the same day – but I had the same results as before. I also checked the logged bug reports one more time but am still unable to find anything.

With that said, there is not much more I can do unless we start seeing more users reporting similar issues and can confirm through our own testing. I apologize I was unable to reproduce the issue but I will keep an eye on the queue for related issues and I find anything, we’ll log a bug and start working towards a resolution.

Thank you for the patience and take care.

siriusly
    Participant

Hi — thanks for the follow-up. Curious… did you try it with any role other than Contributor? I’m seeing this same behavior on at least two of my sites that are running TEC & EC Pro… it’s not an issue for the second site, as the client doesn’t need to publish private events in the future. I’m going to see if I can reproduce the problem on a clean install. Please keep in touch. Thank you.

Hunter

Welcome back,

I’ve tested with multiple roles and it appears to be hidden until I log in as an administrator. Let me know your findings. As of right now, it appears you are experiencing a theme and/or plugin conflict as I’m unable to reproduce the issue.

Good luck and thanks for the response.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Private Events scheduled to publish in the future appear immediately’ is closed to new replies.