Private events in multiple calendars

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Private events in multiple calendars

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scout San Damiano

Hi,
    I want to ask you something before having events calendar pro.

I give you an example with the school even if my target isn’t school but the example is more clear.

I have a school website. so in the main calendar should be visible events that all the school can see, such as holydays, concerts, etc

In the same website, every classroom has its own private page, visible only with a password given to the parents of the students.
    In this page I want to add a shortcode that shows the private events of that class, fetching events from a google calendar managed by the teacher.

I read this post https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/ so I think that it could be done.

The only problem, is that in the main calendar I don’t want to show at all events of the classrooms cause they are private.
    How can I do this?
    So, in the main calendar show public events managed with events calendar plugin, in private classrooms pages use your plugin only ad template to show events from a google calendar that should not be shown in main calendar.

Caroline

Hi Scout,

Thanks for stopping by and having a look at our Events Calendar PRO plugin! 🙂 While there’s no built-in option for defining “private” events with The Events Calendar or Events Calendar PRO, there are ways that you could achieve this type of functionality on your site. I’d suggest having a look at our Knowledgebase article on “members-only” calendars, as the information there may be useful to you!

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/making-members-calendar/

“Method Two” outlined in this article details the process for creating a category of events that will be hidden for anonymous visitors. Logged-in users, however, will see these events displayed as usual. By modifying this example, you should be able to hide one or more categories from your main calendars while allowing them to be viewed on your private calendars.

Regarding your private calendars, the [tribe_events] shortcode should, indeed, allow you to place a category-specific calendar onto any page you’d like. You can then use WordPress’s built-in password functionality to hide the calendar and other page content from random users.

Lastly, you’ll want to make sure that you’ve included Event Aggregator as part of your setup, as this add-on contains the functionality required to import events from Google Calendar!

I hope that helps to get you on your way here! Let us know if you should have any other questions or concerns. Cheers, and best of luck with your project!

Scout San Damiano

Some more questions:
    using css the event won’t be shown in calendar but if someone get the direct link to a private event, css won’t work and anyone could see it, right?

I just not need a separation between logged and not logged, but also with different roles of logged in users

Finally, I made a request for a free licence for non profit organization: is it also included event aggregator?

Caroline

Hi Scout,

Thanks for following up! That’s correct–by itself, CSS will not prevent unauthorized users from obtaining URLs for single events and viewing those events. If you want to limit access to certain events by user roles, you may wish to consider setting all private events to “Private” status when posting, then setting your user role permissions to allow certain logged-in users to view these posts. Our Knowledgebase article here provides some more information about user roles and our plugins:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/

Event Aggregator is not included as part of our nonprofit program, but accepted organizations may purchase Event Aggregator licensing (or any of our other plugins) at a discount.

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let me know if you should have any other questions!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Private events in multiple calendars’ is closed to new replies.