Printing multiple tickets in e-mail

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Printing multiple tickets in e-mail

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan
    Participant

Hi,

We often sell multiple tickets per event. Is there a way to separate the ticket emails so for every ticket the system sends out a separate email OR a way to insert a pagebreak in the ticket email. A lot of customers use Outlook which strips out inline styles and therefore also page-break-after: always;.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins.

I have looked into this before and there is no good way to force a pagebreak between emails as many of the email services including Outlook and Gmail strip it out.

I played around with adding larger margins, but it took a lot of work to get even a couple correct so it was not something we felt could be added to the plugin and do a good job of it.

We do not have any other features related to this right now, but if you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

http://tribe.uservoice.com/

Jonathan
    Participant

We ended up generating PDF tickets and linking to these from the ticket email.

Brian
    Keymaster

Sounds good.

Would it be possible to share that coding?

No worries either way.

Thanks

Julianna
    Participant

Hey Jonathan,

What you did by generating PDF tickets and linking to them is exactly what I’m looking to do. Any tips on how to accomplish that… or could I pay for your code customizations?

Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Jonathan, we do have a list of customizers if you are looking for development help:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Jonathan
    Participant

Brian, Julianna,

We used DOMPDF to generate PDF’s from wp-content/themes/themename/tribe-events/tickets/email.php. We wrote a class that saved the PDF’s on the server and included the links in the ticket email. Our customization did brake the updatability of the website but our website only has to run for a month. We hacked into core files in order to generate a barcode image for the tickets by modifying the ticket-security number.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information!

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Printing multiple tickets in e-mail’ is closed to new replies.