Prices switch to free

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Prices switch to free

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Florian

Hi,
    with only Events Calendar active, I can set a price for each event.
    With Event Tickets also active, the events are switched to “free”.
    I just want registration possibility, not sell tickets on my page.
    Which plugin(s) do I need to purchase to have this available?

And, how can I change the frontend output “RSVP” as header and within the form?
    Here in Germany, no one will know what that means 🙂

Thanks,
    Florian

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Florian,

Thanks for reaching out!

Event Tickets is actually enough to let users register for events on your site (as long as you’re not collecting payments from them within the site). Event Tickets Plus does add some great additional features though like QR code check-in capabilities and custom fields to collect additional info from attendees, so I would recommend taking a look at that plugin as well!

The Cost field is removed when ticketing plugins are activated (to avoid confusion), but if you wanted to get it back, you can do so with this free extension.

We’re not able to provide technical support here in the Pre-Sales forum, but this article should give you what you need to change the RSVP text. You could also check out the Say What plugin.

I hope that helps, and please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Florian

Hi Jennifer,

thanks for your comprehensive answer.
    So my plan was to purchase Events Calendar Pro, and use it with Event Tickets free.
    I tried to use the Plugin you linked to get back the price fields, but it seems this plugin is only for Event Tickets Plus?

For the text replacement, I tried it with your snippet in the functions.php -no changes- and also with the SayWhat plugin – also no effect at all.
    I have no caching plugins or such, and sure, I cleaned my browsers cache.
    But it might anyway be complicated, because I need another translation for the “RSVP” headline than for the “send RSVP confirmation to”. Is there really no better way? Is this not editable in language files or so?
    I mean, there IS a german translation, but this part is simply not done well…

Thanks again,
    Florian

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Florian,

You are correct, the extension for the cost field does actually require Event Tickets Plus – my mistake, sorry about that!

To change the translation, you can override the language files (see this article). I’m afraid this is the extent of the support that we are able to provide in the Pre-Sales forum, but if you do go ahead with Events Calendar Pro and still need assistance with this, please let us know in the Events Calendar PRO support forum. We’ll be happy to help you out there!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Prices switch to free’ is closed to new replies.