Price option not showing up

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Price option not showing up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Heid Waintrub
    Participant

Dear support,
    I have purchased the event calendar pro and the community event add-ons from you. When a user submit an event through the community event add-on I see the option to add a price (I also use events ticket for RSVP), but when I duplicate the event or try to create a new one the option of putting a price does not appear.
    Is that a bug? how can it be fixed?
    thanks

Courtney

Hi there Heid

That is very odd behavior. To better help troubleshoot this, can you please send along your System Info?

After that, can you start by going through our Testing for Conflicts Guide https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/?  I am wondering if you might have a plugin or theme conflict.  Begin by deactivating all other plugins, using a theme such as Twenty Seventeen https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyseventeen/, and see if the issue still persists.

Also, double check for any other updates available (Dashboard » Updates). 

Please let me know if the issue still persists after these tests.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Heid Waintrub
    Participant

This reply is private.

Heid Waintrub
    Participant

I missing the event cost option.

Courtney

Hi there Heid

Can you send me the lihk to the exact page that you are seeing this on? I am not very good with Italian and wasn’t able to find it myself. So sorry about that!

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Heid Waintrub
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

Hi there Heid

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/making-tickets/ might help a bit. I don’t see a +New Ticket button, just the RSVP button.

You would need Event Tickets Plus for showing the price, as well as to activate an e-commerce plugin. We currently support WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads.Read more about each option’s features and payment gateways.

I do hope this is answering the question. If not, please do let me know. Were you previously able to display the price a different way?

We recently updated our Tickets interface, but the article I linked to above shows what is current.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Heid Waintrub
    Participant

Hi Courtney,
    I don’t think you fully understand…..I don’t need the ticket add-on. I used to have the cost possibility when I create an event and for some reason now I don’t. I only have the option on my community events add-on. The cost option is on your free version as you can see on this link

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-an-event/

scrolling down the gape after the section about an event website you will the event cost option.

thanks

Courtney

Hi there Heid

I see where the confusion is. When you have Event Tickets installed, it auto-hides this price field. We will update the knowledgebase article to reflect the update our code has caused.

I do have a solution for you:

Add this snippet to either your child theme’s functions.php file or use the My Custom Functions plugin. 

add_filter( 'tribe_events_admin_show_cost_field', '__return_true' );

Please let me know if that works for you.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Heid Waintrub
    Participant

Hi Courtney,
    Thank you for your solution, I added the snippet to my child-theme and it does shows the price now. The problem is that it doesn’t show the RSVP option, or the capacity (probably because it is part of the ticket plugin). it shows “Tickets are not yet available”.
    How can it be resolved?
    Thanks!

Courtney

Hi Heid

That is odd. I tested this on my local site and it did show the event cost and the RSVP.

When you go to the editor, scroll down to Tickets, edit the RSVP you created, and expand the Advanced tab, are the tickets available for purchase now in the start sale date?

Hoping to narrow this down a bit more.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Heid Waintrub
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

This reply is private.

Heid Waintrub
    Participant

Hello,
    Indeed when I remove the RSVP only the price shows up without the word “free”. Is there any way to show the price and having the RSVP without the word free? it is kind of a conflict…
    thanks

Courtney

Hi Heid

Sorry for the delay responding. I checked in with our developers and have 2 code snippet options to share that should work for you. Add this snippet to either your child theme’s functions.php file or use the My Custom Functions plugin. 

<?php add_filter ( 'tribe_get_cost', 'tribe_not_show_free', 10, 3 );

function tribe_not_show_free ( $cost, $post_id, $with_currency_symbol ) {

if ( $cost == 0 || $cost == 'Free' ) {
    		$cost = str_replace('Free', '', $cost);
    		$cost = str_replace(' - ', '', $cost);
    	}
    	return $cost;
    }

Or – see this option.

https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/b440feef873af841d023c0bf0839e93f

Please let me know how it goes!

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Price option not showing up’ is closed to new replies.