Previous and Next Events – Exclude/Stay In Category and Display Date

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Previous and Next Events – Exclude/Stay In Category and Display Date

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kate
    Participant

Hey there!
    We are trying to beef up the functionality of the Previous/Next navigation that shows up in the footer of Single Events.

Is it possible to display the start/end dates of events in that navigation?
    Is it possible to exclude a category from the navigation?

For example, out site is sectioned out into “Exhibitions” and everything else. While on events that are categorized as an Exhibition, is it possible to have a footer navigation that only shows previous/next events that are also categorized as Exhibitions?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi Janet,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

After reviewing your request this essentially looks like a custom development task and so is outside of our stated scope of support.

With that being said, we’d love to help point you in the right direction.

I’d recommend starting off by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide, which can show you which templates can be edited and copied in order to attempt the results that you are looking for.

If you’d prefer not to tackle this customization on your own, we may be able to assist you further. We do need to prioritize support requests from other customers at this time but I’ll certainly flag this with the team and – although we can’t make any promises – if we have time and space to come back and help, we’ll be happy to do so.  Please let us know if you’d like to go this route so that you can be added to this queue.

In the meantime, if there is any more information you can share (including mocks) that will help us to better understand what you are seeking please do feel free to add them to this ticket.

If you urgently need help with this, however, you may instead wish to consider working with a suitably skilled developer or designer who can offer the additional level of support you require.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Kate
    Participant

Hey Jamie!
    Please add us to the Events Calendar queue. These seem like great features that would help the rest of your customers, so it would be awesome to make them widely available as part of the plugin.

In the meantime, we will just hide the navigation and hope for more features over time.

Thank you!

Sounds great, will do!

Barry

Hi Kate,

To restrict the previous/next event logic to events in the same category or categories, you could apply some custom code along these lines:

https://gist.github.com/barryhughes/a2b39577136eb1fc96d9eea34c18a4b7

This could be added either to a custom plugin (preferred) or else to your theme’s functions.php file.

Adding the event date to those same links is just a little more involved with our current versions of The Events Calendar than you might expect and so I’ll leave that one in your hands, but I hope the above at least helps to get you started with some of the changes you have discussed here 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Previous and Next Events – Exclude/Stay In Category and Display Date’ is closed to new replies.