Previews not importing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Previews not importing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Natalie
    Participant

When I search for events using the info below, it reads all of the events correctly in the preview, but does not import everything. Basically, this calendar is comprised of five weekly recurring events, but the import does not reflect the recurrence. So only five events import and show up on my website calendar. I’ve tried importing other calendars to troubleshoot and receive either “Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL” or “The server responded with a malformed response…” I’m very frustrated to say the least.

Import: iCal
    Recurring: Every 30 Mins
    Source: iCal URL
    URL: https://p04-calendars.icloud.com/published/2/DzIjoQnYeXKSOX_H9qTsKTPvNpPL_vWkTd_H-u6FHotVxQc3Kz7ELpq55VNlgFoM3JjCwHI92dYC9apsoNTHt21aC3BMB5kryHqZhpczfC8

Cliff

Hi Natalie. Sorry for the frustrating issue. Let’s try to figure this one out…

I downloaded the iCal file you linked to and opened it up in a text editor to see the actual file content (instead of what a calendar program would interpret it as).

I saw that the DTSTART (iCal’s name for “start date and time”) fields were all WAY in the past… the oldest is from 1883!!! and the most recent date is November 2007.

Screenshot 2015-11-09 22.32.32

So, I’m guessing the issue is that the iCal importer’s previewer is showing things inaccurately more so than the import isn’t working correctly.

At this page, do you have a Start Date filled in (it is filled in by default and you may not have noticed)?

Screenshot 2015-11-09 22.37.12

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you so we can continue getting your import setup as desired.

FYI: Just a heads up that the iCal Importer currently imports recurring events (i.e. a series of events) as individual events (i.e. not connected in a series).

Natalie
    Participant

Yes, I filled in the start date.

Question regarding your comment:

FYI: Just a heads up that the iCal Importer currently imports recurring events (i.e. a series of events) as individual events (i.e. not connected in a series).

If I had a weekly recurring event that’s supposed to recur for one year. Does it load 52 events treated as individual events, or are you saying that it will only load the one event and I’ll have to enter it in 51 more times?

Cliff

It’ll should import all 52 occurrences as separate (non-connected) events.

Please continue using/testing and let me know if you need anything else.

Natalie
    Participant

Unfortunately, it’s not working. I’ve gotten two other plugins to retrieve the information accurately, so I’m thinking it’s the plugin. :-/ At this point, the issues have not been resolved. May I have a refund?

Cliff

I can try to help you work out any specific things you noticed. Were there certain events from that feed URL that were missing? Any patterns you noticed (please mention specific events)?

I can then try to recreate them on my local testing site and possibly log any bugs, if discovered.

You may also choose to reference our Refund Policy.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions. I don’t mind helping if you’d like to get iCal Importer working for your needs!

Thanks.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Previews not importing’ is closed to new replies.