Prevent translation update

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Prevent translation update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Riccardo
    Participant

Hi,
    where I have to save my translation file of Event ticket Plus to prevent in case of update?
    thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening Riccardo and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Good news, very soon, when the Events Calendar 4.2 releases, you will simply be able to put these translations in the wp-content/languages/plugins/the-events-calendar folder. That way you will not lose your translations upon updates.

In the meantime, you can use the following snippet to do exactly that: https://slack-files.com/T0258N5TN-F187DLKF1-aed0afca3c

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Riccardo
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    thanks, but where I have to put your code?
    thanks

Geoff B.

Hey Riccardo,

Sorry about that.

This snippet should go in your WordPress theme’s functions.php .
    If you are unfamiliar with how that works, you might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of the many customizations you can do, including changes to the functions.php file.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Riccardo
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    I put this code in my functions.php

unload_textdomain( 'the-events-calendar' );
    load_plugin_textdomain( 'the-events-calendar', false, dirname( plugin_basename( __FILE__ ) ) . '/languages/' );

I create wp-content/languages/the-events-calendar/

I put the “the-events-calendar-it_IT.po” and “the-events-calendar-it_IT.mo” in this folder but it doesn’t work
    I put I put the “the-events-calendar-it_IT.po” and “the-events-calendar-it_IT.mo” in the sub folder wp-content/languages/the-events-calendar/languages/ it doesn’t work

I create wp-content/languages/plugins/the-events-calendar and it doesn’t work
    I create wp-content/languages/plugins/the-events-calendar/languages/ and it doesn’t work

What is my error?
    thanks

Geoff B.

Hey Riccardo,

Have you tried simply dropping the files in the following destination: /wp-content/languages ?

If that does not work, could you please send me a copy of your WordPress theme and of your language files in a .zip file ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Riccardo
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Hey Riccardo,

Thank you for the files.

Based on the theme files you have sent me, I do not see the snippet found here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/prevent-translation-update/#post-1116291 in the functions.php of your WordPress child theme.

I believe that simply adding that code in there will make things work to your liking.

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Riccardo
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    sorry. Now I add the code in functions.php of my child theme.
    but the result is the same.
    the translations don’t work if I put “the-events-calendar-it_IT.mo” and “the-events-calendar-it_IT.po” in the wp-content/languages/ folder

thanks

Geoff B.

Hey Riccardo,

I am sorry that this is not working to your liking.

I suspect that something else is interfering with the process.
    The reason I am saying this is because this snippet of code has been tested successfully on several websites from different customers with success.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thank you for you for your patience as we are trying to understand what is causing the interference.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Riccardo
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Riccardo,

By the looks of it, the most probable cause of the interference is the Loco translate plugin.

If you do indeed have .po and .mo files, would you mind deactivating the plugins temporarily?

If that doesn’t work out, could you please send me a link to a copy of your WordPress child theme in a .zip file ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Riccardo
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    I find the right position:
    /wp-content/languages/plugins/event-tickets-plus-it_IT.mo

here works

Riccardo
    Participant

Hi,
    now I activate the plugin Loco Translate and all works.
    it’s the right way or luck?????
    thanks

Geoff B.

Hey Riccardo,

Wow, that’s super cool.

Full disclosure, I did not run extensive Loco Translate tests, so I’m not sure exactly.
    But my guess is that Loco Translate probably expects the language file to be exactly where you put it.

So yes, if it works, this IS the right way! 🙂

Is there anything else I can help you with ?

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Prevent translation update’ is closed to new replies.