Presales Queries: Community Events / Events Calendar

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Presales Queries: Community Events / Events Calendar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Arun Sen

We are a non-profit organisation, catering to a community of photographers in Australia. We use the free version of the Events Calendar to organise our weekend events for our community.

Having to have one admin post the events is becoming a bottleneck, and I believe the Community Events plugin might help us streamline our events posting a little bit, as we can have the actual member’s leading our weekend events post them directly.

However I wanted to check a couple of things, if someone could please clarify:

1. Can we use the Community Events plugin on the Free version of the Events calendar (which we already use), or do we also need to upgrade to the Pro version? Just trying to get an idea of total annual cost.

2. Is there any way to prefill the Event form (on the Community Events plugin) when someone goes to enter a new event?

We have certain text we have to include on most of our events such as our safety policy etc, and I was wondering what would be the best way to do this, when using the community events plugin. If we could configure it to have some text that automatically gets inserted in when someone starts typing a new event in that would be great. Then they could edit or remove it out, if it was not applicable to their event.

If this is not possible out of the box, but possible with a bit of customization, could you please let us know as we do have developers in our community that can code this in. Just checking for some indication if this is an easy enough customization that your code would support.

Kind regards
    Arun

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Arun,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

You do not need Events Calendar Pro in order to use Community Events – just the free version is fine!

While there is not an out of the box way to add additional content to the community submission page or prefill the form, you could do it with a customization. We have some hooks that you could use to insert your content before/after the content on events pages, and some functions that you can use to conditionally insert the content on certain pages, for example if you only wanted this text to appear on the community event submission form. This could be done via a function in your functions.php file.

If you’d like to prefill the form fields, you could also do that with a customization. I’d recommend taking a look at our themer’s guide for more information. If you or your developers have any questions, please let me know! We don’t do customizations, but as a premium license holder, you would have access to our premium support forums where we would be happy to answer questions and help point you in the right direction with your customization.

Finally, Events Calendar Pro does come with the ability to create custom fields, which would appear on the community submission form, so you may want to take a look at those as well!

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to take any of our plugins for a test run, feel free to do so!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Arun Sen

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks a lot for the reply. It does sound like it will cover what we are trying to do with it.

That gives me a lot of confidence to proceed with the purchase!

Regards
    Arun

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Arun,

Great! If you have any questions on getting set up or run into any issues, feel free to reach out to us in our premium support forums and we’ll be happy to help you figure it out!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Presales Queries: Community Events / Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.