Presale questions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Presale questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Davide

Hi, I’m checking out different events plugin and here’s my pre-sale-questions list

_ Is it possible to manage overlapping events? Or, better, is it possible to avoid that a user sign-up (—> rsvp) for events that overlap?

_ Is it possible to manually add an user to an event?

_ (I checked this option in the free version of your calendar) Is there a way to delete the user from an event attendees list when he/she changes his/her rsvp from “going” to “not going”? Because when using the shortcode [tribe-user-event-confirmations] all the rsvp events are shown and not only the “going” rsvp events.

_ Talking about the [tribe-user-event-confirmations] shortcode: is it possible to show only the list of the events that a user rsvp-ed as “going”?

_ Is it possible to send out an email reminder to the users which have positively rsvp-ed an event?

That’s it for now. Thank you in advance for your answers!

Davide

Hi Davide,

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in our products!

_ Is it possible to manage overlapping events? Or, better, is it possible to avoid that a user sign-up (—> rsvp) for events that overlap?

Out of the box, there is not a way to prevent users to RSVP for multiple events that may overlap.  You can try to create separate calendars for different levels of users in combination with a Members plugin, if that is something that you are interested in:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/making-members-calendar/

_ Is it possible to manually add an user to an event?

As of now, you can edit attendee information manually from the backend, but you cannot add an attendee.

_ (I checked this option in the free version of your calendar) Is there a way to delete the user from an event attendees list when he/she changes his/her rsvp from “going” to “not going”? Because when using the shortcode [tribe-user-event-confirmations] all the rsvp events are shown and not only the “going” rsvp events.

Yes, you can delete an attendee from the backend, in your Attendees Tab.

_ Talking about the [tribe-user-event-confirmations] shortcode: is it possible to show only the list of the events that a user rsvp-ed as “going”?

All events that a user has RSVP’ed to will show up with this shortcode, which does include events they are attending and have RSVP’ed as Not Attending.

_ Is it possible to send out an email reminder to the users which have positively rsvp-ed an event?

Yes, you send out custom emails to your users.  You can also edit the templates of these emails by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Our products are customizable and may be able to achieve the results that you are looking for with the addition of some customizations.

If this functionality is a requirement for your intended project, I’d suggest that a third-party developer would be the best way to make this feature happen on a short timeline. ? We maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Davide

Hi Jaime, thank you for your answers!

I reformulate because my question wasn’t well explained eheh. I meant that the user will be automatically deleted from the attendees list when he/she changes the rsvp status from “going” to “not going”.

All events that a user has RSVP’ed to will show up with this shortcode, which does include events they are attending and have RSVP’ed as Not Attending.

Do you mean should it be possibile to implement this with some customization?

Yes, you send out custom emails to your users. You can also edit the templates of these emails by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide:

can you please tell me how and where I find this? I couldn’t find it anywhere (I meant to send out reminders like to users which are attending a particular events. something like “hey, user XYZ, in one week the workshop ABC is happening. Please remember to bring your stuff with you blah blah”.”

Our products are customizable and may be able to achieve the results that you are looking for with the addition of some customizations.

Thank you for the tip, we already have someone “in the house” who’ll take care of a customization in case it’s needed 🙂 but it’s good to know that your products are customizable 🙂

thank you for now and have a nice day / evening

Davide

Hi Davide,

I meant that the user will be automatically deleted from the attendees list when he/she changes the rsvp status from “going” to “not going”.

If an attendee shows up, using that shortcode, whether they are attending or not, then they will not be automatically deleted from the attendee list.  You can manually do this if they change the status of their RSVP however.

Do you mean should it be possibile to implement this with some customization?

It can be possible to implement a feature like this with some customizations, though I cannot make any guarantees.

can you please tell me how and where I find this? I couldn’t find it anywhere (I meant to send out reminders like to users which are attending a particular events. something like “hey, user XYZ, in one week the workshop ABC is happening. Please remember to bring your stuff with you blah blah”.”

The template for the actual email that attendees receive/bring to the door with them is located at tickets/email.php.  If you are looking to add additional follow-up emails, you can try a WooCommerce extension, like this one.

I hope this helps to provide some more clarity.  Please let me know if anything else comes up!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Presale questions’ is closed to new replies.