Pre-sales Q: Support for community members, paid community memberships

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Pre-sales Q: Support for community members, paid community memberships

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jean Carr

Related to Community Events and Community Tickets Products:

1) Can a Community Event Organizer, who has previously run multiple events (Paid and free) through your Products, easily create one list of all the people who have attended his/her community’s previous events, and email to this list? Let’s call this list a community previous customer list. Can this list be exported?

2) Can this community previous customer list be private only to him/her? In other words, no other user, who might be running a competitive event, can access this list.

3) Building on the above, can the Community Event Organizer do more with this previous customer list, to the point of adding and deleting members on this list, including the ability of selling community memberships?

Cliff

Hi, Jean.

Thanks for your interest in our product suite.

1. While anything is possible via custom coding, this wouldn’t be a medium-sized customization. If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.
    2. Seems like a simple extension of #1.
    3. This would probably push #1 from a medium to a large customization.

We have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Jean Carr

Thank you. Clear. I think I can do what I want with Paid Memberships Pro plug-in, as long as it proves compatible with your software. If you had any advice here, I’d gladly accept it.

May I inquire on another matter?

In your Events Calendar Plug-in, specifically in the Events Detail Screen, how much control do you permit (or give) to the screen layout? Do you give it through CSS access only, or by another method?

If it helps, the context is that we have a prototype site here http://cc-dev.meteorapp.com More specifically, click on any event tile and see an Events Details Screen such as this one for example http://cc-dev.meteorapp.com/communities/YNL5RhSwghwEuTuhr/events/FXJMugcMHmeN8xjao
    We are considering moving to WordPress with your software as a next step. I would accept on doing so any advice.

Cliff

Sorry, but I don’t have any helpful information or recommendation for you regarding membership plugins. I know some people use them, but I’m not informed how they’ve got them setup. Obviously, each site’s setup will be tailored to the site owner’s needs.

===

Your first link looks like our Photo View: http://wpshindig.com/events/photo/

Your second link is what we refer to as the Single Event page/view.

At wp-admin > Events > Settings > Display tab, there is an option for how much CSS you want loaded–Skeleton (minimal/none), Full (some/more), or Tribe (most).

However, that setting will not affect the layout of the Single Event view.

You might also play with the “Events template” option in the Display tab. Its results will vary for each theme. If it doesn’t work exactly how you’d like, I’d suggest asking your theme developer how-to for the tribe_events custom post type archive view.

And/Or you should reference our Themer’s Guide for how to customize what data gets displayed where.

While we don’t advocate (nor provide support for) any particular third-party theme, these themes claim integration with our plugin. Some drastically alter the layout of the Single Event view or other views, and some do not. A popular example is Avada. This landing page provides some links to their demos for their Church theme: https://avada.theme-fusion.com/church/the-events-calendar/ (and I’m sure others of their themes have demos as well):

You could make such customizations yourself via our Themer’s Guide, which is how they do it too, but just know that we do not provide support for each user’s customizations.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Pre-sales Q: Support for community members, paid community memberships’ is closed to new replies.